Horizon Forbidden West |OT| Bow and Arrow Simulator

No there was a surprise. Zelda was never open world before in 3d. Horizon came out a week before it. Felt dated in comparison.

Wasn’t every Zelda game since OOT a 3D third person open world? If anything, BOTW was the game that felt dated. The only positives for me was the visual art style and weather effects.

Visuals, atmosphere, immersion, animations, etc. were all better in HZD. Audio, voice acting, sound was all better in HZD. Combat/gameplay was better in HZD. Story and characters were far superior in HZD. Side content was also better.

The only aspect in BOTW that was better than HZD was that you could climb anything as long as you had enough stamina and the right gear but even this was short lived as Assassin’s Creed Origins did it better with no restrictions or limitations.

We can go back and forth but I will never ever see BOTW as better than HZD. In fact, I don’t believe that it’s close in any single aspect. Playing BOTW after HZD, AC Origins and even The Witcher 3 which was two years old at the time BOTW released, BOTW felt old, outdated and obsolete.

But again, to each their own bud.

Moving on…reviews hit tomorrow for HFW. Expecting 90+ on OC and personally, a 9.5/10 minimum. If every category hits for me, HFW may end up being the very first game that I have ever rated a perfect 10/10 across the board. Super hyped!!!

Just need to complete Dying Light 2 by Thursday!! lol

Got mine pre loaded. Gotta give the PS5 some love too.

1 Like

Good for you. But many disagree. Horizon for me felt outdated becuase alloy moved around like a horse. Anything to do with moving around plaforming was abysmal. The combat and story were fine. Enemies got a bit repetive.

Botw was a genuinely inspired open world. Organic exploration. Not icon filled map like horizon and AC. So no idea how botw felt outdated. If anything it felt refreshing.

Irrelvant of what you and I think. Im not giving a subjective opinion. Its a fact BOTW overshadowed horizon because crtically it couldnt compete.

What happens if its below 90? Like the first game?

I dont know what to expect. It looks much better than the first and when i eventualy get a ps5 ill play it. I have a ps4 pro. But im not touching this game on a ps4. 60fps is a must for this game for me.

It looks like it does. Already i can see Alloy move better in this game and platforming and climbing is more polished. It was genuinely bad in the first game. Any sort of vertical traversal annoyed the hell out of me. But theyve made it far more smoother in this game.

If it’s under 90, it’s under 90. Doesn’t change anything for me. Dying Light 2 is a 77 on OC and yet for me, it’s a guaranteed 9/10 minimum and may hit my 9.5/10 depending on how the story ends.

I’m expecting improvements across the board. Visually, HFW is the best looking game of the generation thus far once it releases on Friday. HZD was a 10/10 for me with combat/gameplay so im expecting the same here. The main improvements will be the side content and hopefully a longer story as well as deeper game systems.

My prediction is also 90+

woah wtf

The first was a good game and this seems like a nicely iterative sequel, at 88 on OC right now and I’m sure it’ll end up near the 89 HZD got. Nice to see Guerilla doing well after years of mediocrity before being purchased. I hope everyone in here that is going to plays it enjoys!

4 Likes

yeaah I see some reviewers saying this is the game Guerrilla wanted HZD to be, and it makes sense looking at all the things we’ve gotten to see about the game leading to launch. An iterative sequel that fleshes out the world and gameplay set up by the first is always great. Good for Guerrilla. Along with HZD selling 20 mill, and HFW possibly doing great at launch (expecting 3 mill sales in first three days), it’s safe to say Horizon is now one of the three big pillars for Playstation alongside God of War and Spiderman.

1 Like

wait I didn’t realize the original game was that highly rated, the sequel sounds like its overall better. Big W for Guerilla Games and Playstation.

For people that only have a PS4.

3 Likes

Going away from Killzone did wonders for guerilla .

Anyway , me eating in 4 days .

1 Like

Yeah theres is no way I can wait to get a PS5 again, the first was my GoTY and even “just” more of that would be wonderful.

Bought!

gazes at ridiculous collectors edition

seems some people didn’t like the story and it had bugs. I can deal with the bugs but if the story isn’t good its a no go. Some people seem to like it though. IDK after dying light 2 I dont trust reviews as much anyway

Love the world of this series. Will play this one day

Is Snopp Dogg in this game? That’d explain the amount of smoke i see in every schreenshot and video

5 Likes

World will be more fun to explore because i got irritated by the ps4 pros poor performance mode of the first. Solid 60 will help it. Will probably be budget price or part of their gamepass by the time i get a ps5.

The only concerning thing for me is a lot of reviewers saying alloy is uinteresting in terms of personality yet again in this game.