Horizon Forbidden West |OT| Bow and Arrow Simulator

Horizon Forbidden West is a few weeks away, and the media have just gotten review codes for the game! This OT will be updated over the next few weeks.

4 Likes
1 Like

I am personally mixed on the game. I didn’t like the first game that much but this seems to be an improvement on all areas, so I’m interested to see how the game reviews.

2 Likes

I just hope the story doesnt feel like a rethread of the first game. Thats my major concern atm.

1 Like

Loved the first game. 9.5/10 and my 2017 game of the year. Expecting pretty much the same from Forbidden West. My expectation is that there’s underwater combat (ala AC Origins/Odyssey) and that I can fly a Stormbird. Neither of which have been confirmed as far as I know so probably not but im hoping. Would also love to fight a Tallneck but that im not expecting.

HZD had 23 story quests and im expecting this one to be at least twice as long. All the side content that I know of sounds good but I hate it when open world games have a short story. In my opinion, story quests should be 50+ for these kind of open world action RPG games.

I’m still working my way through the first entry, and I’m running out of time. Damn my completionist tendencies!

2 Likes

I never finished Zero Dawn. I love the character of Aloy, love the design of the world and the dinosaur enemies… but ultimately I found it kind of tedious to actually play. Maybe Forbidden West will be better.

1 Like

To put it bluntly, I didn’t need a sequel to this game. Horizon ZeroDawn was fun and interesting but I’m kinda done with that world. I worry the sequel will just be more of the same fighting robotic dinosaurs in tall grass. That said I will absolutely play it at some point this year just that I need to see some reviews to convince me if it’s worth that $75 after tax price.

You ever heard of the term ‘Sequelitis’? This game is starting to exude that. But I’m more hopeful it’ll be better than the first one.

1 Like

I adored the first game, so an improvement on that would be awesome!

At the very least it’s gorgeous, I can’t imagine they won’t have some big gameplay improvements. I wasn’t a big fan of the 1st but I think they’ll do really well on this one.

1 Like
1 Like

Dropped the first game but hyped for this one . They fixed most of the issues I had with the first one .

1 Like

The colors … The vibrance … The contrast … This game is :fire:

Between all these acquisition news I am still waiting for a game from xbox which could deliver this graphical art

My only hope is from Fable given how much vibrance and contrast there is in FH5

2 Likes

Fable will at minimum look really vibrant and gorgeous, that much is certain.

2 Likes

So excited for this! Shame I’m too broke to afford it atm. Loved the first one but was replaying BOTW at the same time and HZD felt backwards in terms of mobility.

Will definitely pick this up hopefully in the next few months - hopefully a huge game comes out on Gamepass in the next month or two to keep me preoccupied. :man_facepalming::joy:

I agree with the above post - Xbox has not bought out a game to the calibre of this, Ratchet and Clank or God Of War yet. FH5 is nice af though. :ok_hand:

Agreed. Hoping that Starfield is the first game from Microsoft that not only looks fucking amazing but also wows me visually. Xbox Series X is the best gaming console ever released and I want to see visually amazing games that like Horizon Forbidden West will also play just as great as it looks.

I hope it works good on the good old ps4. I prefer horizons zero dawn way over breath of the wild.

2 Likes

Complete opposite for me. Botw ruined horizon.