Hogwarts Legacy |OT|

Its not. But That was on last gen consoles dude. Even if they were the same devs…this is a much smaller scale game as far as whats going on. You aren’t trying to jump 5000 feet while rendering huge terrains and explosions.

This game has everyone in my gaming circle hyped up. Honestly, the only worry I have with this game is the fact that it releases so close to Starfield and that I lack time to play 2 games of that length at the same time!

Ditto. It’s the reason I’m having my fingers crossed for a Hogwarts delay. If it’s not delayed, I’ll for sure wait quite a while to play it. Nothing is getting in between me and Starfield.

It should run fine.*

*So long as you are on a next gen console. Base model last gen hardware probably gonna struggle.

PS: I felt like I was one of the only people who was knee deep and pimping out Disney Infinity back in the day on some other forums. We still have a bunch of the figures.

If this game is being developed on switch. It should run ok at 30fps on last gen.

Not to hate as I love my Switch, but I have this feeling that this is gonna be a train wreck of a Switch title. I would stay far away from that version.

Of course. I barely play my switch as is.

But I don’t mean to spoil the Hogwarts hype train…but this is the same developers that brought you Cars video game Meet the robinsons and Toy Story 3 game.

I’m still baffled as to why people are hyping this up to near Starfield level…or is it just PlayStation fans who can’t play that game this fall? I’m genuinely trying to understand why people think this game will be that good when the developers have got a track record of making half decent games to truly abysmal games.

But I’m ready to be shocked I guess.

Don’t know why it’s being mentioned with Starfield but as someone who isn’t a Harry Potter fan, watching the State of Play, I can say that if I was, Hogwarts Legacy looks like the dream game all Harry Potter fans have wanted for a long time.

Don’t think you need to be familiar with the Harry Potter films to enjoy the game. The game takes place about 100 years before the Harry Potter stuff. I would say if the game looks good to you, give it a try and see how you feel about it. Could always watch the films later if you become a fan of the game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think among the reviewers somebody will complain about the lack of known characters in the story.

To be fair Cars and Toy Story 3 were good games, but it’s the first proper HP game that isn’t a licenced movie tie-in so it naturally will be hyped and the playstation showcase has helped with that so there’s definitely some console warring involved despite it being multiplatform.

2 Likes

I hope the reviews are fair. If they want to mention the J. K. Rowling stuff, that’s fine but I hope they don’t take points off of the game itself because of the J. K. Rowling controversy. As a consumer interested in the game, I just want to know if the game is any good or not.

1 Like

Considering Rowling has used the platform the IP has gifted her to spout hatred and bigotry I feel it would be only appropriate if reviewers take the opportunity to use the “Hype” to remind people just what a garbage person she is.

As a consumer, I really don’t give a shit if any “points are shaved off”.

Furthermore, if CDPR is any indication there will be a glut of reviews that don’t mention “Trans shit no one cares about” May I suggest ACG as one such reviewer.

3 Likes

Crossing my fingers that this is accurate. The logic is sound, but that’s obviously not a sure-fire thing. Delays can still happen.

Source:

Im 10000000% sure this game is not launching this year. They corner themselves with that short launch time period.

1 Like

Yeah, I have very strong feelings that it’s gonna get delayed.

Isnt this sony marketed? As with avatar…theyre 100 percent delaying it.

They dont want hogwarts to help xbox sales as ps5 will be stock strapped anyway and they know xbxo doesnt have the first pary lineup.

That’s quite the conspiracy theory

1 Like

I mean it might suit the publisher to do so as well. They’ll be more systems sold after xmas anyway.

I have no doubt that Sony is not happy with them marketing games but being unable to sell more consoles despite that.