Hideki Kamiya apologizes to Microsoft for Scalebound problems in new interview

Weirdly timed? He looked at Microsoft investing a lot more in their first party studios and partners through Xbox Publishing and now he wants a piece of that cake too lol

He wants a piece of this

Make It Rain Money GIF

Apology not accepted.

I know this is my entire point about my post lol, I feel like he is fishing for some partnership now all of a sudden, which I find a bit obvious and if I find it obvious then I sure as shit know MS knows what’s up haha.

The weird timing is about it taking him this long to apologise, MS definitely sniffing around his part of the woods and he knows it.

But to be honest, I hope they move past what happened in Scalebound can work together again. I think it would be pretty neat to have a first party PlatinumGames game on Game Pass.

If they can prove they’re not going to do a shit job, take 46 years and 100m cash to make a good game then I also do think MS should give them a go, with massive caution of course,it’s probably not wise to keep a bitter/petty attitude on these sorts of things for MS.

Especially considering how they were acting like a boss by giving an ‘advice’ to MS on how to make Xbox a success again in japan.

Babylon isn’t on Xbox because of Square. So I don’t blame them for that. Sol Cresta I find strange, because I remember Hamster appearing on the Xbox 2020 TGS stream and them saying they’ll offer their support. TW101 not coming to Xbox because of “engine compatibility” was also outright dumb.

I don’t understand all the “No. You’re unforgivable. I will never buy a Platinum game again!” replies I’m seeing on Twitter and stuff though.

3 Likes

I’m actually kind of surprised by some of the comments in this thread.

Kamiya has apologized before. PlatinumGames themselves have apologized before, yet several people are dog piling on both like they’re “trying to get the M$ money”.

And again people, AGAIN, I will restate. Microsoft and Platinum were supposedly in acquisition talks per Brad Sam’s before they got an investment from Tencent.

If Microsoft and Platinum can move on from this, so can you!

8 Likes

He has accepted blame for it before.

1 Like

I’m willing to give them another chance, though I don’t know the history as of recent aside from the debacle of Scalebound. They did produce really fun games in my opinion.

While it did take a while for PG to talk about what happened(the first time, not this one), as has been pointed out. Game development is freaking hard and it’s made that much harder when a dev team is trying to do something they haven’t done before, like mounted NPC in From Software game as Zullie the witch points out.

That’s something Xbox knows well and I hope that they can work with PG to make and Xbox exclusive game in the future, that sticks to what they do best.

Once people start playing new Platinum games on xbox it will all be forgotten, oh wait they can’t. :laughing:

2 Likes

Looking at Twitter replies and stuff it seems most of them are convinced that Scalebound’s budget being used for other projects is true. That is where the “unforgivableness” is coming from.

For the record, I do not think that is true.

1 Like

Why apologize multiple times, and years apart if you weren’t doing anything egregious though???

Sounds like someone who wants their ex back :joy:

1 Like

lets see head of tango was one of 3 founders of platinum. So the two ceos are friends, and maybe tango ceo is heloping heal the rift etc. So we should take this as a positive not a negaive.

3 Likes

The combo of Dragons + Edge lord protag with headphones and modern electronics was stupid. Maybe a straight fantasy settings would have worked but the game as presented looked dumb, ran badly and I’m glad it got killed

so you haven’t played Devil May Cry I see

2 Likes

Both of their mobile game attempts under GungHo flopped. TW101 was a kickstarter project but it absoluitely didn’t bode well for Platinum as an independent if the PC / console ports of the game sold so poorly. Sol Cresta is lookingto share the same fate.

read a book

Doesn’t honor require more to be done???

/s

1 Like