Hideki Kamiya apologizes to Microsoft for Scalebound problems in new interview

I forgive you King

1 Like

Yep, has both listed as a publisher.

Not sure how the business politics works in this scenario, but I’m not going to blame Platinum for this.

If Project GG suddenly gets cancelled for Xbox or other projects stop coming, then I’ll jump on that train.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Kamiya blocked Nick on Twitter for offering a free Forza Horizon 2 Code. :doge:

6 Likes

I hope both sides can work together again in the future. I think current MS is the best place to create games for. They’re pretty hands off, understanding and give you all the tools you need. No crazy crunch, limited resources and if you need more time they’ll give that too.

1 Like

Based Kamiya

1 Like

I don’t accept this apology. Also Platinum fell off hard.

That cracked me up.

1 Like

he blocks everyone who tweets at him in English apparently. That’s just his shtick. lol

1 Like

I would not be surprised if they do again eventually, especially since Brad Sam’s was pretty certain they were in acquisition talks at one point before the Tencent investment.

I don’t see anything coming up in the near future, but it’s nice to know they seem to at least be talking.

Cool, let’s try it again!

3 Likes

Don’t do this to me. Lol

1 Like

Because at the time that this happened, certain groups had a massive hate boner for xbox and would uplift every setback to a crisis.

I am a huge Kamiya fan and was crushed when it got canceled, but there were many who since the first showing trashed the game every time they saw it. Only to change their tune when it got canceled. Now it was the most important game for xbox and it was 100% Microsoft’s fault it didn’t pan out.

It became nothing more than a console war talking point that is still used to this day by zealots. (See Colin Moriarty) reps from Platinum said way back that “both sides screwed up” but people would hear none of it, they made up their own fanfic scenarios of evil MS forcing all these new modes on poor ol Platinum, only to cancel it for shits and giggles.

5 Likes

From bits and pieces we have heard over the years, Platinum kept asking for more and more money so the game went well overbudget – so it’s a bit more of a big deal that they never got anywhere near finished and it ended up being canned.

Imagine it was very frustrating for MS that they managed to launch several other games (including exclusives for other platforms) during the same time frame.

But thats the major reason a game gets cancelled: it costs too much money to finish. And MS had the same problems in their own projects at that time. Fable Legends (and Lionhead) and the Phantom Dust remake were cancelled because they went way over budget. And a lot of people argue the same should have happened to Crackdown 3 (and these people are wrong, obviously).

1 Like

Platinum being a horribly mismanaged company? I could’ve told you that, just look at their Activision releases. Look at the handling of the TW101 kickstarter, hell look at Sol Cresta and their failed mobile outings.

They’re on a ticking clock right now. They’d better hope SE continues to reach out for them.

Why does this feel like he’s begging for MS money or trying to make good because he knows MS is backing Xbox now with their 100B cash.

Idk it helps not being at odds with one of the biggest publishers around

Cultural thing, even moreso in Japan than here. Business partnerships are essential and maintaining that partnership matters.

Exactly what happened to them?

So he apologies now, right when Xbox is doing really well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that makes sense, just seems a bit late and weirdly timed.