Hideki Kamiya apologizes to Microsoft for Scalebound problems in new interview

Because they’re doing a documentary of his whole career, this is the Scalebound portion.

I never got the whole “edgy” criticism with the Scalebound protag tbh. When I think “tryhard” and “edgy” I think “Donte” from Ninja Theory’s DmC game.(hell that entire game could slice you from all the Edge) Didn’t get that feeling from what little they showed of the character.

1 Like

MFs need Chaos in their life.

1 Like

It’s basically a non-discussion point made from people who don’t actually give a shit about characterization in video games and just enjoy regurgitating memes

3 Likes

If the main character wearing headphones (Im pretty sure his name was Drew) meant we got to listen to our own music… That would have been really cool.

But as far as modern electronics in a fantasy game with dragons I saw as just being Platinum cheese. There’s so much goofy stuff that happens in the Bayonetta games…

Eh. Still. It’s not like his initial apology had an expiration date. I guess if he felt the need to apologize again then whatever.

Don’t really see this as anything major though tbh. PG games aren’t coming to Xbox and they have fallen off badly anyway.

Project G.G. is announced for Xbox.

2 Likes

MP stuff probably was MS. XGP Back didn’t have best relationship with Devs or budget look what happened with Remedy, CD 3 major delays and Recore.

And of all things, it’s a Kamiya game.

Why are people ignoring this?:joy:

3 Likes

Well the idea is that he was a young dude from our world transported into this dragon fantasy land, so that’s what was going on with the whole clashing styles thing.

It seems Forspoken will be attempting the AAA isekai game after Scalebound failed to lol.

like i said before i welcome PG again, imo xbox needs more hack and slash games and they are one of the best for this job.

so calling them for game again would be good for all sides

Ohh alright. Got it. I didn’t even think about why he was wearing headphones lol. Good stuff. :+1:

Forced online components? That absolutely sounds like a Microsoft choice.

I still want it back.

The game was 4+ years in development. How challenging could it before them to bring it back as a rescoped, SP only cross-gen game for a 2023 release.

Sequel could do whatever.

I don’t particularly care about this game, but I do find it to be a shame that it’s the last time as far as I remember XGS was going to publish a Japanese game. Obviously with Tango, them doing that again is inevitable, but I want to see XGS work with a JP 3rd party again.

I think Microsoft has conditioned the core Xbox fanbase to expect an online component in their games, because their games have always delivered on all fronts of single-player, co-op, and multiplayer. I think even if this isn’t something Microsoft ‘forces’ the studios to make, the studios themselves could perceive that an online component is expected of them if they’re making a game for Xbox. This is something that Microsoft could still have responsibility for, hopefully XGS and Matt Booty can convey clearly to studios that “do not make or add anything that you don’t really want to to make or add. We do not expect of you anything specific but a great game whatever it is”

It’s definitely weird that literally every single rumored and semi confirmed XGP project has some or the other multiplayer/live service elements. Even a goddamn sidescroller lol.

1 Like

It’s not weird that Microsoft want those games, but yeah It will be weird if that’s like 90% of what Publishing brings. But what we know is Project Dragon and Contraband seem like things the studios want to make and are designed for multiplayer in mind, not shoehorned in some way.

The thing is, games that add online/MP just for the sake of it are easy to tell, so we’ll see then how the games turn out…

2 Likes

Jez says he’s heard that it was one of the Microsoft people who’s no longer there that had forced Unreal onto Platinum. :neutral_face: