Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice - Optimized for Xbox Series X|S

4 Likes

They don’t want to play this terrible game anyway. In June 2018, it spontaneously changed from an awesome, groundbreaking game to a boring walking simulator that no one wants to play a sequel to anyway. Not sure what happened…

5 Likes

i noticed that. very strange

4 Likes

It was the same with OUTRIDERS with some Xbox (fanboys) community. Before Xbox Game Pass announcement they called that game as a shit, crap and not worth of playing. After that? They completely changed their minds.

Hey Remember when on September 2020, Bethesda games suddenly became “always shit”?

And Skyrim went from one of the best most beloved RPGS of all time, to a bug-ridden janky crap fest that nobody liked?

5 Likes

Just did a cursory glance at this thread…uh, did anyone here actually play the game to see what the upgrades looked like compared to the un-enhanced version, or is it what it looks like and everyone is commenting on some sort of drama? My recollection of Hellblade is sadly shabby, so any opinion of mine likely wouldn’t carry much weight in a comparison. I’d love to hear how it compares from a forum member who’s a fan of the game.

1 Like

No need to give a definite answer when that only shuts the speculation talk, even if they never intend to release on Ps5.

If they do intend to eventually release on Ps5, it wouldn’t matter all that much though.

I’m waiting for the update to pop up on my console. Tried searching manually a couple times but it’s not coming up so far.

Did you restart your console ? It fixes it usually.

1 Like

Let us know how the upgrade looks if you have the time and desire, I’d love to hear about it.

I have updated the OP with a comparison video by Enanalista

Thanks, it’s hard to see a huge difference in profiles on my phone, but I’ll queue it up for TV viewing.

Great MS is continuing to roll out these significant next gen upgrades for free.

If I was to nitpick, an RT/60fps version would have been good, and based on the other versions should have been deliverable on Series X at dynamic 1440p or at least flat 1080p.

But won’t look a gift horse in the mouth, it’s a solid offering and they aren’t charging for it, which is all great.

1 Like

I was planning to play last night, but I didn’t get the patch loaded until late so I pushed it off. Hopefully tonight! I’m planning to play on the 60 FPS mode.

1 Like

Yes, Ninja Theory explicitly mentioned them in the FAQs. MS seems to have a great relationship with QLOC given they got the Nier Automata PC port done for Gamepass PC as well recently, which ironically ran miles better than the Steam version.

1 Like

I agree. This game doesn’t need a 120fps mode at all, its extremely slow paced. 60FPS+ RT would have been a better goal

4 Likes

Yeah the RT with 60fps seems to be a PS5 exclusive feature… Not that it really is, but thats the talk I’m seeing.

tbh, it’s ironic that a publisher that has historically been the 30fps standardizer is now setting the standard for Performance RT. Gotta commend them for that at least.

You need to remember this is a old game that was updated by a 3rd party, I expect RT 60 modes later on. The fact they even added RT to the game is pretty cool and it was free, has there been any other cases of older games like that having RT added?

1 Like

It’s cool. But RT at dynamic 4k (probably ~1800pish I would guess) at a 30fps cost… It’s a good mode to offer to have for highest fidelity, but it suggests that they could have offered RT at dynamic 1440p (probably 1080pish in practice) and locked 60fps.

This is basically what Insomniac have done with both their next gen games:

RT higher res 30fps

No RT higher res 60fps

RT lower res 60fps

And pretty much everyone goes for the third.

RT and 60fps > higher resolutions, for most I would guess.

1 Like