Has GamePass, PSPLUS, PSNOW, EA PLAY, etc impacted your willingness to pay full price for games?

The funny thing is that for me at least Game Pass has overall affected my willingness to pay full price for certain games, but I am also one of those Xbox gamer statistics that has actually bought more games since becoming a Game Pass subscriber :slight_smile: What I mean by this is that I maybe would have bought a game here or there in the past that I wasnā€™t as sure about on release day, but something like Returnal on another system I will definitely not be shelling out $70 on release day because it isnā€™t a sure fire hype game for me. On the other hand being part of Game Pass and just playing more games in general just keeps me in the know more about gaming, so that I just recently bought It Takes Two at launch day full price and have Nier Replicant coming today. I may have picked those up at some point in the past or forgotten them even, but Game Pass keeps me engaged with gaming in general more too.

1 Like

Both games are amazing! have fun! :partying_face:

Game Pass actually encourages me to buy stuff If I like it.

Just Bought Undead Zombie 4 (Kudos to @Doncabesa for the review) because so far Ive liked what I have played thanks to game pass and want to support the dev.

1 Like

Oh yes for sure. I used to buy 5-8 games per year, some new some older. Now I only buy 1-3 per year.

For example I wanted to play it takes two so badly with my kids. But I canā€™t justify buying it when I know itā€™s coming to gampass in 6 months to a year.

Not really. Deciding to go all-digital towards the end of the 360-generation was the driver for me, as you canā€™t get a refund if a game dissappoints, so I immediately became more discerning in what I buy day one.

Yep, I use to often buy 2 or 3 games a year that I was on the fence about but ended up succumbed to the hype and getting at full price, e.g. Nier Automata and Red Dead Redemption 2, that I ended up not enjoying will not be happening anymore.

If Iā€™m not all in for day one, then Iā€™ll wait for GP.

Digital? yeah i rarely buy full priced digital games. My last full priced digital game was Sekiro back in 2019. I think iā€™ve bought like 3 in total last gen. Thats FULL priced 60 dollar digital games. I do buy digital games when theres some sort of offer or budget price

Howeverā€¦i do buy Physical still. Especially Collectors editions and rare deluxe editions.

Yeah. Only buy a game i really want

Yes in a way I now only buy games day one I REALLY want so yes.

Not really, i like to have the physical copies, also Iā€™m not a guy that buy 60 bucks games constantly, only when i really want that game day one or the nintendo games because those things never get out of 50+. But what I do itā€™s switch between the three consoles, so Iā€™m mostly playing games that I didnā€™t bought before and by the time the new games get old thus the price drops. The only thing i can say that i love about gamepass itā€™s that when a game gets in the service the price of the psychical copy drops, and you know what that means right Game Stop GIF

1 Like

100% it has. I basically refuse to buy anything now on non-Nintendo platforms.

1 Like

I was really only buying the BIG games pre-Game Pass so not much has changed for me. If its a big Sony/3rd party title that I want to play, it is getting bought.

If i know for sure its coming to Game Pass (say an EA game) I will probably wait. I wonā€™t wait if something might come eventually.

I am kind of curious how Game Pass money will be viewed by publishers. Sega put Yaluza 1-6 on Game Pass, effectively building a new fanbase. They then released Like a Dragon and Judgment through the traditional model. GP users might assume theyā€™ll hit like every other Yakuza game and the games might see poor retail performance. Would this be a failure in Segaā€™s eyes?

Since the recent post from Sega was this year it probably helped the franchise. It is a difficult task to introduce a 6 game long saga to a complete new audience and I have to hand it to xbox they did heavily market Yakuza for gamepass. XO19, Gameawards it is always front cover with everything gamepass.

Voted yes, but perhaps Iā€™m a weird case :blush:

I almost never was willing to buy games at full price before, always waited for sales etc. Maybe bought a couple games at full price each year.

I feel like in some cases now, and maybe more for smaller sub $60 games, Iā€™m actually more likely to splurge and pay full price at times on things because I am getting a bunch of other games for so cheap.

It has definitely impacted my willingness to pay full price for a gameā€¦ in that Iā€™m now more willing to pay full price for a game/accessory because I have saved more money to do so.

1 Like

Gamepass absolutely hasā€¦changed my habits about buying games at full price or on sale.

Any time I go to buy anything I really do stop and think ā€œthis will eventually hit Gamepassā€ā€¦

On the other hand, I played Undermine and loved it so I wanted to help support the creators and double dipped on Switch. Will def. do that with other GP gamesā€¦

Subscriptions like Game Pass does not change my willingness to pay full price for a game but it allows me to actually give it a try out period on my terms. If a game is a must have for me I will buy it anyway or I buy the DLC which I normally wouldnā€™t have.

I still buy what I want to own, even if itā€™s on GP or PS Now. In many ways GP is a digital blockbuster for me.

1 Like

Pretty much same for me. After playing on game pass I have bought Outer Worlds, Gears 5, Undead Zombies 4, Etc just cause I want some form of copy for myself.

Me personally, not really. If itā€™s a game Iā€™m looking forward too a lot, Iā€™m buying it immediately. For me, Gamepass is more about the games I wouldnā€™t gave bought or tried other wise cause they werenā€™t games I was excited about.