Has GamePass, PSPLUS, PSNOW, EA PLAY, etc impacted your willingness to pay full price for games?

Well, I enjoy replaying games sometimes too but then I’d rather buy the exact same game, often with all the DLC, for something like $15-20 :wink:

There is little to no reason to buy games day 1, unless you have played everything else. Imo of course.

It has certainly make me second guess buying games altogether, full price or otherwise. So many times in the last year I’ve bought a game only to see it hit gamepass a few weeks later (PES, Dirt 5, Unravel 2, Prey, Control, Injustice 2, Greedfall, etc). Now I have to think of the probability of gamepass. Being heavily discounted is often a clue

Yeah, I don’t care for the profit of any company, I only care about my savings, as it should be imo. When it makes you save some money, it’s always worth the effort.

No, because although I am not going to buy any future Xbox/Bethesda/EA games in the future due to Game Pass, I use that money saved to buy other games. So for instance, I wouldn’t have bought NieR: Replicant today if it wasn’t for Game Pass, as I would have been saving it for something like Halo: Infinite.

1 Like

I don’t know how to answer this question. I’m now even more than willing to buy a new game since I save so much using Game Pass. I don’t even think about price anymore tbh. If I really want a game and it isn’t on Game Pass, I buy it. That said, I never buy games that I know are coming to Game Pass either. So in a sense, Game Pass prevents me from buying games I would otherwise buy…but at the same time it also means I am more willing to buy stuff that is not in the service.

/shrugs

I am definitely playing a TON more games now though due to Quick Resume and Game Pass. Way more than I had ever expected. I went from gaming once a week to gaming for hours a night in various titles.

Game Pass itself has changed my habits because the offering too good. If it’s not on Game Pass it doesn’t exist to me unless it’s a 6 year developer blockbuster that is a once in a generation game.

Not really

It wasn’t Game Pass or PS Plus. It was RDR2.

I bought it day one and It’s so utterly offensively bad that I just won’t do it again. It also killed games reviews forever as well, an embarrassment to the industry.

I can think of few games where I’d make an exception. If they released Burnout 1+2+3 in a pack the way they did Burnout Paradise possibly that. Also Virtua Tennis or Top Spin but that’s about it.

Yes it has. I just saw the trailer for Biomutant today and think it looks great.

But I probably won’t buy it. I’m hoping it comes to Game Pass at some point.

(Yay! My first post on these forums.)

1 Like

I have also bought games after they left Game Pass and I wanted to continue/wanted to play the DLC. This happened with Witcher 3, I finished it 2 weeks before it left the service, and I purchased a base copy and DLC to continue afterwards.

Other than that, I also purchased DLC of games included on Game Pass if I like the game enough. Recent examples: Forza Horizon 4, Witcher 3, Wasteland 3 (soon :smiley:)

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, but only insofar as there are very few games I would buy at full price anyway. It has probably affected my buying process during sales though, which is how I get the vast vast majority of my games.

I’d say yes and no, I definitely have little interest in paying full price for a lot of stuff on xbox/pc now, but I still would for a game I am very interested in, and it’s had no influence on my habits buying games elsewhere. But the money I’m saving by being on gamepass and the First Party and other games I do not have to buy, mostly just gets funneled into buying other games. The stuff where gamepass (or similar) influences me is usually for stuff I was on the fence or not too interested in to begin with, like I’m more than willing to wait and see if the Ubisoft rumors pan out versus buying AC:valhalla even at 20 dollars.

Well if my backlog played a role in what I play today I would still be at the 360 generation and could never play a new release for years! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t like when a sub decides what games I’ll play I guess, right now for example I want to play Nier Replicant like crazy and that’s what I am gonna play. I don’t have the patience to wait for a deep discount or when it hits Game Pass. Plus I like to support some games/devs, I want more Japanese games on Xbox so I also bought it for this reason too for example. :wink:

To me it was steam sales what made me reluctant to pay full price for a game.

On top of that realising that when we download a game we are not really buying something like an physical game in the past.

1 Like

I would say not really.

I of course do not purchase Microsoft’s games because I know 99% will remain in Game Pass for as long as the service runs. However, I still purchase 3rd party games if I really want to play them and it has not been announced for Game Pass, so for example I will be purchasing Resident Evil as soon as it comes out next month.

I answered yes, but thats only because it has had an effect, though its pretty small.

I will buy a game I like or sounds like I will enjoy regardless, as I said in another thread, I have no other real vices other than games, and since getting a 20mm Sigma lens a couple of years ago my photo “kit” is as “perfect” as it can be for me.

Gamepass has stopped me grabbing that impulse buy, not every time, but some times. After all I still bought Fuser :slight_smile:

So its kinda affected me.

No, but I was already not getting many of my games full price since deals were a thing on console.

If anything, since with gamepass and deals I ended up loosening my requirements a bit, for example got AC Valhalla, WDL and Control UE at launch to see the next gen upgrades :see_no_evil:

I still buy myself a copy of games I like from the gamepass catalogue tbh for collecting.

Bought myself a cheap copy of Outer Worlds, Gears 5 and Deliver us The Moon for example.

I m buying less games since Gamepass. With new game releases I m always asking myself if this gonna end up in gamepass. For example destroy all humans or star wars squadrons two double AA Games that weren’t super successful releases which I was pretty sure they gonna end up in gamepass. The few games that I bought was mainly on release day like cyberpunk or world War z. The cool think about Gamepass is that I m trying out new genres of games mud runner or yakuza

Absolutely, i also tend to be more critical bof buying a game in general, what the media and forums stand about a game is a poor indication on weather I would like a game, unless its and established franchise from a dev I trust I like to watch about an hour of gameplay before I buy a game.