Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

Best episode so far, and not just because of the incredible action scenes either.

The dynamic between the characters is getting better and better, and I think MC is finally getting his shit together emotionally after this. Halsey is an awful person, and they have really sold me on her being the “grey” villain. Miranda is great, she will no doubt rebel in some way since there is no way she backs off. Kai will be her bridge to Chief I think.

The big fight was great, and the CGI was awesome. That Needler-mist! Yikes. That brute looked very menacing, super well done. Everything looks so damn good!

I get that Makee is dropped off to find the smaller artifact, and I suppose that will somehow lead to the fall of Reach but I’m not sold on it yet. Will be interesting to see how they make that convincing… It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book, and I felt it was a bit forced the first time she did it with the UNSC ship and this time the circumstances are even more suspicious.

Then we have Kwan-Ha… I’m sorry but that storyline is boring at best, and this time it was entirely pointless to boot. I’ve gone from not caring much for it, to actively disliking it. Even if Kwan was likeable, I don’t see where this is going. What’s the point?

Anyway, awesome episode and this series has me hooked!

1 Like

I have basically tuned out Kwan’s plot. Hopefully in season 2 its reworked or abandoned.

2 Likes

Just looked it up and was surprised to see Jonathan Liebesman directed the episode.

He hasn’t really ever had a hit or critically well received film, but he does have a good eye for action. See Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Wrath of the Titans.

So many greats, well framed/staged shots during the battle sequence

2 Likes

He was the name that worried me the most… and he made the best episode. Funny. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it needs to go somewhere soon, and not in the expected direction either.

I noted off the bat that they used a drone shot (even before an actual drone was deployed during the episode) and it was great that they cut to the in-show drone to help show the theatre of war.

I thought Kwan was a nuisance up until this episode where I straight up hated her. Then they show a scene where she throws a tantrum much like a spoiled child and realized that we’re just being exploited to hate her and it’s all by design to set up for a redemption arc.

You’d think the death of her aunt would have been it but I guess not! Maybe I just wish it was a growth arc rather than a “redemption” arc where she learns to smarten up. They could have written it so that she wasn’t so blatantly responsible for the death of her family and friends though…a part of me thinks she’s going to be the one responsible for getting her planet glassed by the Covenant. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some shots in the episode were like a CW show and looked sort of cheap but then some shots were filmic, like it had no business being part of a TV show. Overall I thought it was directed well and looked great.

I’m hoping the reactions to this episode get Paramount to consider even upping the budget for Season 2. They clearly have something unique on their hands. I don’t watch a lot of TV or movies but I can’t think of any other show that’s comparable at the moment.

1 Like

Apart from Kwan and her story the series is going great for me. Love the battle for artifact in the last episode and got kinda emotinal for seeing our long time old friends from covenants in live action production, they looked great to me. Also I wonder what will be the big “Cliffhanger” at the end of the season. Actually I have a few guesses like finding the ring or fall of reach could be that one.

Amazing episode. I’m very new to the Halo fanbase, I just recently played all the games but I’m in love with the series(except the first game… sorry but it just isnt that good(dont ban me!! haha)) and having the lore, the memories, so recent damn it hits hard seeing it all on live action. I’m not joking when I say I was tearing up of happiness watching the battle scene, it was amazing.

I hope the show is a success and we have 3-4 season of this because its one of the best things I’m watching right now… just get rid of the annoying teenager.

Also Kai>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literally everyone else

1 Like

I fist pumped at least 3 times in the last 10 minutes

3 Likes

Reported.

Yeah season 5 was really fun to watch. I was cheering loud multiple times.

episode 5

1 Like

I’m from the future and I’m telling you season 5 is awesome!

6 Likes

My favourite season. I cant believe they got Vin Diesel to play The Didact.

2 Likes

I still say nothing will beat the season 3 gobsmacker of recasting Dr. Halsey with Pamela Anderson.

Pamela Anderson…now?

Obviously not. In two years, when season 3 is airing.

2 Likes

The big battle scene is Episode 5 was so awesome for someone that has loved playing the games too!

4 Likes

1 Like