Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

Omg this sums up the Halo fanbase, haha this is hilarious. (I know they’re being silly)

9 Likes

HA!!! Okay yeah, that was good

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

I just did the same the very first time you see the HUD, and I like the BIOS version in the upper left:

:slight_smile:

Overall my thoughts on it are similar to many others: yes, there are a few minor quibbles with some of the CGI, but overall I found it very engaging and entertaining, and unless it falls off a cliff I’m in it for the duration. :+1:

3 Likes

Got around to watching the first episode a second time today.

I still can’t believe how graphically brutal this was. Did not expect that at all. The blood. The dismemberments. A room full of children getting masacred. Holy fucking hell.

I understand they went with an alternate story for the show but my wife and I really digged it. Can’t wait to watch more.

Oh and that was Cortana Halsey had in a pod correct?

2 Likes

It’s a clone of Halsey, Cortana was created by Halsey by cloning her brain and then putting it through the process of making a smart AI, which uses human brains to create them.

I’ve watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

But one thing that has me wondering is why some have said the first person segments are “cringe” or “embarrassing” in the first episode? I’ve seen this view in Robocop and Terminator movies back in the day. No one complained about that back then. Anyways, I didn’t mind it.

1 Like

In some cases I think it’s as shallow as some people are just always looking for a reason to use that stupid word

3 Likes

Yes yes. I figured it was part of the Cortana “Project”.

Also on a side note has anyone else seen that 20 min Declassified episode? Pablo Schreiber says one of his favorite episodes is episode 6 because how it furrher humanizes Master Chief.

Can’t wait to see more of this.

Just watched it and really enjoyed the first episode. The start is unfortunately really cheap but as soon as you get past the intro it gets really good and interesting. I like the story set up and am curious to know what comes next. The face reveal was good as well and made sense in the moment. I also really like how Pablo Schreiber looks in the armor and would be totally fine if his face was canon.

Also the moment the Halo theme playes was awesome.

Pleasantly surprised!

Considering Steve Downes is 72 now, I’ll be curious to see if the next time Master Chief is voiced in a new game, they’ll use Pablo Schreiber instead of Downes.

I assume they’ll continue to use Downes for any story expansions to Infinite, but I can see them switching to Schreiber for everything else sooner rather than later. At some point in the not too distant future they won’t be able to go with Downes any more.

1 Like

A good Swedish expression is “Skämskudde”. Shame pillow or pillow of embarrassment.

When you are watching something and it is so “cringe” you have to grab a pillow from the couch and put in front of your face. Sadly, a lot of people use “cringe” here too nowadays though. English words and expressions are mixed into the language a lot, I do it too.

With that said, I had no reason to bring out the shame pillow during the episode! :wink:

2 Likes

Speaking of cringe… :wink:

I just came back from visiting my brother, and I kept hearing English words used in casual conversation everywhere I went. It’s crazy how common it is now. I feel there’s been an explosion of it over the past decade or so.

And I gotta admit, it just makes me roll my eyes. Or, indeed, cringe.

1 Like

Yes, it has worsened a lot like you say. It’s so bad now that certain words or expressions are the de facto word for things, like no effort is made to even come up with a Swedish version.

The worst is when there are perfectly good Swedish words for things, old words too, but kids/uneducated people only knows the English word for it. I cannot help but judge people like that very harshly and dismiss most of what they have to say after that.

Some words, new words, that gets an official Swedish version very similar to English is fine or very specific/niche things.

1 Like

I think we got a tease of the show’s version of the arbiter

or the Heretic maybe

Arbiter more likely but we’ll see

1 Like

Oh you poor swedes, you have to hear english ocasionally

This was a nice little video for someone like my wife to watch that has no background in the Halo universe as she watches this series with me :slight_smile: (1) Halo on Paramount+ on Twitter: “Whether you’re a fresh arrival or a seasoned vet of @Halo, Cortana has a primer to get you all caught up to speed on #HaloTheSeries Declassified. Full episode available now on Facebook! https://t.co/P5ynKyEJjm” / Twitter

2 Likes

Haha. if only it was all in English that would actually be fine. But no, it’s the unnecessary use of English words mid sentence that is skämskudde af. They use it because they think it sounds cool, but fail to realise that it does the exact opposite.