Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

Yep, det är mycket bra :wink:

1 Like

It only just hit me, but the way the Spartans move is based on the Halo anime shorts specifically The Package, the jump that Chief did where he flipped over the Elite and shot him while in mid air seemed so familiar.

I really enjoyed it! There was a few janky Marvelesque things in the beginning, like Spartan movements at a couple of instances but the rest was very good quality. I was suprised at how violent it was, really nice.

It was definitely the right choice to go their own way with the story, makes it much more exciting to watch. I really want to know where this is going now.

Nick did an amazing job as Master Chief, and I look forward to see more of the other Spartans in Silver Team.

6 Likes

It’s better than I thought it would be, I wasn’t really interested in this at the beginning but I like this because it has some things I like that can be in Halo, Halo can be so much more than just fighting against super powerful aliens and this has the opportunity to focus on something smaller scale, I’ve always found the conflict between the UNSC and Insurrectionists very intriguing but has never been explored in any of the games, I think they were just briefly mentioned in Halo Reach

(I’m still waiting for that Halo RPG Microsoft!)

So far it’s not a bad take on the extended lore side of Halo I think BUT why go with that art style for The Covenant? That Prophet looks terrible and the Elites just look so wrong and weird, I don’t understand why they went with that when they look perfect in Infinite, it would just be perfect if the Elites looked like they do in Halo Infinite, also more menacing, these I just can’t take seriously especially when the Spartans look so amazing, seriously they nailed the looks of The Spartans.

Finally I think it needed more classic Halo style music, not that it’s bad but why not go with it when you have a 20 year legacy of some of the best and most iconic soundtracks? Anyway it’s a 7/10 to me which is good for a live action Halo but had they gone with what I said above I think I would’ve given it a 9/10 tbh, looking forward to episode 2!

Better than I thought

Holy hell the first 15 to 20 minutes was NOT expecting that level of violence and gore

Kaidon for that elite who escaped and thats the term arby picked up post covenant war hmmm

Mercy looked great im intriguing by the human in the Covenant now at first i was pissed about it but now im not completely sold but intrigued

Shows how dangerous halsey can be

They did a way better job explaining chief going rogue in this than in halo 5 in my opinion

Overall a solid start can go south real quick

Score: 7-8 out of 10

1 Like

in back-to-back posts, the internet!

3 Likes

Lmfaoo thats the community for ya they hate the show because its not a direct retelling of the games

There are multiple types of elites, so something like the HI version can show up as well as the Halo 4 and 5 versions and not be out of place.

2 Likes

Its on Sky in Germany, sigh. Insane that i just cant download that on Xbox video on demand :roll_eyes:

That sucks, Xbox really needs to better in Europe, I live in the US and it’s always baffling to read about other Xbox users experiences outside of North America.

:thinking: Me and Halogaming08 aren’t hating on the show though.

2 Likes

Even more insane that the Paramount+ app is not available on Xbox here when the service is in Sweden.

2 Likes

He did look great though!

The “community” is a bunch of whiny babies imho.

2 Likes

And i have no idea if it is even in English on Sky. I don’t want to watch it in German, still scared of Elton :confused:

Has anyone here from Germany watched it and can share some impressions?

I don’t disagree but just want to say I’m not part of that part of the community :sweat_smile: Had to stop visiting r/Halo and certain Halo groups on social media.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/cPkVOqa0DXM

Not the show but this is what I think they are going for in terms of superhuman movement for the Spartans.

It’s not Xbox. It’s CBS/Viacom. They’re the ones not offering their content on other services like ‘microsoft video on demand’.

4 Likes

My dad who knows nothing about Halo other than it’s a game he saw me play, watched the Halo ad trailers and asked me if I knew about it and he said it looks cool. Well he watched it and thought it was really good and loved everything about it and thought it looked amazing, as someone who doesn’t really know what Halo is and doesn’t play games.

Going into it I thought it was gonna be interesting what he thinks as a noob that won’t know that chief never takes his helmet off and its not the “right” voice and so on. It’s going to be very interesting to see how people like that just your average joe likes it.

4 Likes

Get your questions in for the podcast in 2 hours if you have any! (not here, at the linked post)

Exceeded expectations and has potential. Really loved the opening segment.

3 Likes

There were some shoddy effects here and there, but overall I liked it. Didn’t mind the slight deviations from Halo canon (Article 72) and actually think it could open up interesting possibilities for the series. Also gotta love Chief’s ‘Shpeshal’ face reveal. John really is one handsome dude.

In all seriousness though, unless it falls off a cliff after Episode 1, I’m likely in it for the long haul.

1 Like