Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

All without catering to the toxic core.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s a great Sci-fi series in and of itself.

6 seasons and a movie plz

4 Likes

bUt hE tOok oFf hiS hElmET!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Does chief have an onlyfans or what

1 Like

Hmmm…looks like I’m the first one to comment on / review episode 7. Alright, here’s the good and the bad…

The Bad

• Kwan and that storyline still sucks

The Good

• Episode 7 is over!!!

Sorry guys, I know a part of us hoped the episode wouldn’t be as dreadful as we worried it would. But it was exactly what we feared. Or, I feared. I can only speak for myself. Now I say, more than ever, bring on the next episode…please!!!

1 Like

Here I was thinking maybe I’d start watching the series finally, but knowing episode 7 isnt a solid experience to pause it on for the weekly delay, I’ll just wait until all are available. Only 2 more for the season anyways.

1 Like

With the point you’re at, that’s a pretty solid plan

So far 7 is is the only episode I can say I didn’t like. Obviously can’t speak for eps 8 and 9, but they will be close enough to happening now where waiting until it’s over to start watching/binging is smart

If this wasn’t a nine episode season, I wouldn’t mind the whole exploration of the politics of insurrectionists, and the politics of pirates (with Soren and Squirrel).

The show should have been either a tight 8 episode story focusing on just the artifacts and the Halo ring…or a 12 episode universe building first season that goes over all of these things.

I feel like we’re being introduced to a lot of characters that ultimately don’t matter at the end of the day. I thought the whole pirate politics thing was kind of neat but does it really tie into the overall story or benefit it? Having the human version of the prophets with their own take on the Forerunners would be pretty interesting but they were just used as a mechanism for Kwan to find her purpose in this larger story, we may not see them again. The insurrectionist politics had some potential but now I guess it’s completely resolved because Burn Gorman is already dead?

I really don’t mind this Silver timeline at all and I actually like the general direction of it, but this episode drives home the fact that there are some missteps that legitimate hurt it (I say legitimately because most of the crit I see is YouTube-comment-quality).

It’s a bit conveniently manufactured but I like the fact that Kwan now has some relevance to the overall story. She was written to be an annoying prick and it looks like she grew up a little in this episode.

I will say that you can see a decent amount of money when to set design. Soren’s home, the Madrigal fuel station…even the place Halsey was staying at in the last episode, I have to give props to the design and the execution.

Speaking of Burn Gorman, there’s a Burn story here that will change the way you see the shrimp emoji :fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp::fried_shrimp: It’s a bit NFSW

I think an issue which Kiki Wolfkill talked about is how they started filming in 2019 and then took all of 2020 off because of covid, then came back to finish in 2021 so things are disjointed/missing that they had planned. She was adamant that season 2’s typical filming/planning structure would help keep things tighter, so hopefully that’s true but we’ll have to wait and see.

3 Likes

Speaking of The Expanse, I recently started a second watch through of that show and am about half way through season 3, and it made me realize I was wrong about this show. I mean I loved it and it was easily in my top 10 shows I’ve ever seen. But I was wrong…it’s THE best show I have ever seen. Absolutely # 1

Jesse, you and Amanda friggin need to watch that show!!!

Okay sorry, back to Halo

2 Likes

I genuinely didn’t mind ep7 but I can fully understand why I would be in the minority. I think she is going to be like makee and chief and all 3 will be on the actual ring by the end of the season.

Kwan ends up on the Ring?

Shitspace rupture detected :wink:

5 Likes

Almost as if people are interested in Halo.

3 Likes

Humbly requesting when you post something like this in French, could at least give us a short summation in English?

This says record launch for Canal+'s service with 4.6M views (the series arrived a week ago).

6 Likes

Appreciate it

1 Like