Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

So much for that

I still have some hope that Kwan’s arc could be redeemed with some twist later in the show.

Apart from Soren this is the only guy I liked on the entire planet of Madrigal.

1 Like

Ahh yeah!

I’ve loved this guy ever since his “Fuck the Oscars” rant at the Game Awards

2 Likes

The problem with Madrigal’s events is that they are too detached from the main story line. It was good in the first episode, but later it became its own show.

Maybe if, after the firat episode, events in the colony were presented in a different timeline with flashback points touching on the politics of the UNSC, Spartan program, Covenant war, etc, while the main story touches on related themes. And maybe later, the past is linked to the origin of one of the present day major characters (Makee for example) or events.

1 Like

Just watched the new episode and wanted to ask our resident lore experts, Could the artifact be creating a connection to the Domain?

Yes, that’s pretty much what it is, even if the show doesn’t say it.

Also, this vid pretty much sums up my feelings on the show so far: (3) Why The Hate!? | HALO THE SERIES - We need to talk… - YouTube

5 Likes

Pretty fantastic outlook that man has. And a very well made video

Highly recommend it to everyone here. Thanks for linking that

1 Like

I really love this Halo series more than I expected. Moon Knight has been great because it isn’t trying so much to be the standard Marvel fare of not delving into tougher emotional things, and Halo is similarly doing cool stuff with that side of things. I love the games and the nods to them in the show, but a series that felt like watching the game I could be playing the whole time wouldn’t have been as interesting to me at least.

4 Likes

Yeah, agreed. A show that closely followed the games never would have worked

The amount of similarities, nods and callbacks are great, but I totally get why they’ve limited it to what they have. And I’m grateful for that

There’s a reason a lot of these YouTubers are what they are and movie and TV writers and directors do what they do

1 Like

Wth. You found a normal person talking about Halo on Youtube? I’m truly shocked. This was very good!

Thanks for this link! Just finished the video and that was great. He was able to put so many of my thoughts and frustrations into video form and so succinctly at that.

Always nice to see that there are still Halo content creators out there who aren’t jaded, bitter, lapsed fans.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/G-ZFYbGBLCY

Loving these short clips. Really shows the scale of this production. (And makes me laugh even more at those claiming the show is “cheap”)

7 Likes

I would still be super down for a movie to be made based on the first game, even one that takes some liberties while being completely CG animated and not live action, but I’m really loving the show and it’s completely original take on the universe.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night and I’m impressed.

I will read your comments and watch the podcasts now to get your impressions.

My expectations were pretty low, so wow, I’m just blown away ! It’s not bad. Not bad at all.

1 Like

I came here just after watching this to make sure this video had been posted. YWMH team, any chance we can get Installation00 as a guest on the podcast?

GOC

4 Likes

We’re live this Friday once again, season 2 starts up tomorrow and we have episode 7. Hit us up at the link if you have any questions :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That’s really good !

I can’t belive it, a Halo series that is doing great numbers… :hi:

1 Like