Halo Switching Engine to Unreal?

I think this is the kind of thing that we, on the outside, can’t really speak to in a meaningful way.

1 Like

I’m wondering if the rumors that sre going around are actually new?

Didn’t we get some leak info about 343 trying to make Infinite in UE and having trouble getting the engine to do what they wanted?

Yeah I still don’t believe this for even a second. So they’re going to throw out all the work they’ve done with this engine and forge, fuck up the feel of the game to look prettier? Pressing X to doubt here.

1 Like

I just don’t have any feelings about it one way or another. If they do all I care is that the games are good.

You can never say never to 343i possibly switching to another engine. It is possible that Project Tatanka is being made with UE and may be connected to Halo Infinite through a separate launcher.

BUT one thing for sure is that Halo Infinite itself will not be ported to UE5. That does not make sense as the content rollout, which is the main issue right now, will be even slower in the near term.

As for the next mainline Halo game, I won’t rule out the possibility, but for now I am highly skeptical about it.

Would be interesting to compare how the game plays.

One big advantage would be that the 4 weeks contractors they use might actually know Unreal and can work on the game for their short time at 343.

Definitely a big advantage of using an engine like UE

So many devs are using it these days so if you have new people coming in they’ll likely already have experience in working with UE and not needing to learn from scratch like they would with Blam

3 Likes

Grubb will talk about Halo shifting to UE in today’s Giant bomb .

2 Likes

Please do keep us updated on what he has to say.

Talking about jumping to conclusions man, truly.

Personally I don’t give a fuck about list wars.

Interesting. Do we know what Jez said in his latest podcast? He was gonna talk about it but I didn’t watch it.

2 Likes

He said he is leaning more towards the UE switch .

2 Likes

Jez didn’t know anything but it seems like he thinks it’s true, he doesn’t have any evidence other than the Slipspace lead leaving the company though.

1 Like

Slipspace lead is still there (Michael Romero).

David Berger was more like a Head position.

1 Like

I don’t see whats so crazy

This isn’t a change for Infinite but for the future of Halo and if the engine/tools really are so shitty then making a change for the future makes sense to me

1 Like

Switching to UE is an obvious solution, yet doesn’t stand up to even a small amount of scrutiny.

Oh, I misuderstood

It came off like such a crazy idea. Makes much more sense now

I’ll delete the post

I thought contract work was up to 18 months?

No worries

If infinite was changing to UE then yea, that would be a real head scratcher