Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I could see forge reveal there. But the Certain affinity BR mode….I’m not holding my breath. Maybe gamescon for that.

Yeah I think if they were gonna announce the BR they would do it on the mainstage. I could see using the extended show to go for a deep dive on Forge though.

@AustinFordGames I win! :smile:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UberNick/status/1533973841990533124/photo/1

U where talking about this right? Has 2 dates on the picture 04/27 which was the date of that videos release, and 06/14 which is the extended stream.

That looks like either single player dlc or forge. Must be forge reveal because I can’t imagine single player dlc missing the main conference either.

Campaign DLC is not happening any time soon. Please do not hold out for it showing at all this year.

Your favorite Halo focused Xbox/Videogame podcast is back this Thursday!

You can hit us up with questions for this week at the following link:

3 Likes

This is what they were teasing, I think:

1 Like

lol what was it

fixed it

1 Like

Nice, but to what avail

Unacceptable

2 Likes

I was not expecting that. And honestly I don’t expect any campaign dlc till next year if ever.

There’s so many people working on halo, and yet so little content. Campaign co-op and forge the two biggest announced things coming to infinite should have been there last year.

I assume the engine is a gigantic problem and Carries loads of technical debt. Here’s hoping forge is a masterpiece because I’m pretty sure we are only gunna get 3-4 maps by this time next year.

343 dropping heavily in the Xbox first party power rankings.

Looks like it might be fixed

i’m sad about this because it seems to be swept under the rug and how can they think it was a good idea to name toolset that? As a black gamer it seems like another instance of gaming industry not being considerate towards us and same ol empty pandering during certain time of the year.

2 Likes

I want to make sure that people that only look at our forums for this kind of thing also saw this:

343 uses a tool originally created by Bungie that has gone through some iteration over the years. Originally called Guerilla and then Bonobo, this tool is what the game uses to reference tags. A biproduct of this tool is that when a string isn’t uniquely defined, it applied a temporary tag to it, much like an unnamed file will just be called “untitled”. The name applied to these strings, or tags, is the name of the program itself, which is bonobo.

This was a genuine mistake and 343 did a great job of catching it as soon as the community brought it to their attention and was an extremely unfortunate accident. Had this happened to literally any other item in the game, it would have been missed and just assumed that the thing had an eccentric name, like anything does in live services games (see literally any coating, skin, etc, even in Halo Infinite).

I appreciate everyone also being caught off guard by this. I responded extremely negatively to this news and even uninstalled the game in protest. Without context, it’s easy to feel personally offended by things like this. I felt like it was my responsibility to share the original issue and just as much my responsibility to share that, not only was this fixed, that it was in no way, shape, or form intentional on behalf of anyone on the team. Mistakes happen.

Here’s a fun little anecdote from a former Xbox and Bungie employee, for added context: image

(you can read his tech blog here: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/50139)

10 Likes

Is multiplayer down at the moment? When I try to play ranked, it says multiplayer is not available. I managed to connect at one stage, but I was in bronze league, and when the game began, multiple players disconnected. Oh and there was a loading screen I have never seen before.