Halo Infinite Tech Preview July 29th- Aug 1st

I like outlines but they can be improved. Also why does the enemy team need an outline at all? I don’t think they do.

Personally I didn’t find the that easy to distinguish enemy from friendlies. So would like something to make it more distinctive somehow.

Damn, didn’t think I would miss a tech preview that much but damn. It was hard yesterday going back to what I was playing instead of just playing HI as much as possible and then some :P)

2 Likes

For me it was extremely easy to see friendlies, so I would like the option to shut off enemy outlines.

Seeins as I liked outlines, I would agree with an option to remove it for those not needing it, just as long as the removal is not forced on everybody.

1 Like

For me, using a Yellow outline for enemies was easier to pick up on than the default Red.

2 Likes

Yep, I really like yellow too.

I also liked them. Reinforces who is enemy and who is in your group. I don’t mind them hidding the enemy coating / armor… as I only look at these during the initial animation / results screen. I was more disappointed about not seeing options to change the starting animation. I guess these will be added in future battle passes.

I can see them adding the option to not include outlines for enemies, but keeping red outline as the default option. Removing outlines was one of the most requested features (not accounting balancing stuff).

1 Like

This game could be as big as Apex if maintained well. It won’t be possible to resch Warzone levels of popularity since it’s not gonna be on PS4 but it’s gonna be one the biggest F2P/GAAS out there. A money-making machine for years to come.

1 Like

?

I accidentally quoted you. Sorry.

It’ll be bigger, this is Halo, this has first-party grade quality behind it.

1 Like

Is it not possible to give your fireteam (aka people in your lobby) not a specific different color ? I played with a friend and 2 random people, you have 3 color outline options I think enemies, teammates and fireteam. I did teammates blue and fireteam yellow so I could differentiate my friend from my random teammates and when the game started all my 3 teammates including my friend had the same blue outline color.

is there anyway to know who your friend is in game ? I was at the gravity hammer and told my teammate to look for me and find me but he couIdn’t differentiate me from the 3 teammates and I couldn’t identify him as well. I wish pressing any D-pad button would show your teammate from a far away. Outline color didn’t work for me.

Concerned trolls found their vitriol.

6 Likes

Should work the way you described (3 colors). Probably it was a bug of this build.

1 Like

Must not had seen that video making the rounds this morning on twitter comparing reload and sounds to MW 2019…

With the fruit physic ?

1 Like

No

Some PS dork comparing stuff to MW 2019

1 Like

Agreed, Audio was one the standout things I noticed right away. Soooo good.

Yeah, I must have

Dog What GIF by KeepUpWithJazAndYumi