Halo Infinite Tech Preview July 29th- Aug 1st

The fruit can be 2d for all I care

1 Like

MCC, khem khem

Wait did 343 do the original release of MCC? I always thought it was an 3rd party studio that did the work and 343 came in after they where done with Halo 5 to fix it?

Third Party Studios, plural, totes mess on integrating all the various portions, and itā€™s why the menus felt so disjointed.

Curious, has anyone gotten a questionaire about the tech test yet from 343?

Nope, but there is that to leave feedback :

https://twitter.com/Unyshek/status/1422340573239779328

3 Likes

Yes. It arrived the other day. I have not remembered to start it when Iā€™m on PC.

I was worried about the outlines when I first saw them, and after giving them a fair shakeā€¦ I personally believe they should have went a Rocket League mixed with Halo Reach/4/5 route where you choose your design, secondary colour, and skin pattern (camo pattern, stripes, whatever) and then have your team colour applied to that.

You can still monetize the heck out of that.

This way you can have your red versus blue or whatever the team colour happens to be, and itā€™s easy to see them, and the armor designs arenā€™t covered with a red glow which ironically hides whatever skin they chose.

The other part is when you crack someoneā€™s shields it wasnā€™t apparent. Over time I learned that I had to listen to the audio cue but if a teammate cracked someoneā€™s shield I wouldnā€™t really be able to tell. I couldnā€™t tell when their shields were regenerating. So to me it makes sense to do away with this whole outline stuff.

I have to say those armour colours that were unlockable in the season pass didnā€™t look appealing at all.

So I think they dropped the ball on this aspect. I understand that they have to figure out ways to monetize things but there are million ways to make money here and why go a route that hurts gameplay, hides the skin anyways, and isnā€™t enticing or interesting looking at all. Did anyone find the skin with the red arm interesting? Would that be something you would pay real money for?

1 Like

+1

I have to say that 343 Boo Tisman is the best bot. :doge:

1 Like

I have stopped getting emails from 343, Iā€™m not sure why

BRiT did

I disagree personally with it harming gameplay in any ways. I really wasnā€™t bothered by outlines at all, and I really dig the coatings so far. I also liked the skin with the red arm as well. This was all just a really small part of the overall customizations, so I find it a bit unfair to already judge the whole system based on a preview.

For the shield stuff, 343i said they were already working on it.

5 Likes

This happened to me as well. I had no idea I was in the tech preview until I logged in to waypoint

I keep going to start it up then I remember itā€™s gone. The pain

3 Likes

The Phantom Pain

1 Like

Since the flight ended

4 Likes

The most fun Iā€™ve had online FPS for ages. 343 have so nailed it

Hey folks - Halo Infinite - Your best clips! - I need your clips! Head to the thread and share your best moments if youā€™re up for it, and they may make it into a Halo Infinite video later this week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kinda funny loving Halo Infinite. So good to see that even the hardest critics are sold on this. 343 did it guys!!!

7 Likes