Halo Infinite Leaks Thread (No Story Discussion!)

Maybe this BR mode is not the same as other, with its own spin. That would explain 343 being adamant about BR not being in the game, while leakers may think it is a BR.

I don’t see how that happens since it takes their time/personnel/resources away from those other modes. If they had planned on doing BR for yrs alongside the rest of their MP suite it would be one thing, but we know they didn’t do that.

BR was literally born as an offshoot to a mod in DayZ…

That is a false comparison since nobody is saying Forge creators would be required to make anything from scratch. And if you think a game engine is literally just about making a BR mode/map then errrr… >.>

If it takes away resources from their bread and butter Halo MP offerings, that is detrimental to everyone’s experience. Sure, they could outsource the actual programming but they still have to actually design the mode and maps themselves. I’d prefer they focus on their bread and butter and let the community chase trends if that is what the community wants to do and can make it popular. The last thing Halo MP needs is more trend chasing from 343.

1 Like

I think a 50v50 mode should be more of a priority than a BR mode tbh. It would be more ‘Halo’. The hardest part is making the map though. Make that 6x6 map and then you could do whatever on it.

What creators could do at launch is probably a BR mode with 24 players or whatever is the maximum. I think that’s why BR is already on there, because devs know it’s the first thing people will try to do with Forge.

3 Likes

I don’t think BR works well without the survivor and scavenging aspect of it. How is a forge creator supposed to implement that. How’s a forge creator deal with hyper accurate arena guns. If you walk into an open field and I got a Br, or dmr your toast. The guns are too accurate. Does a forge creator add bullet drop?

There’s just so much to BR that to do it well I don’t see it working with forge.

This is exactly my thinking too wrt BR and the voice over leak.

There have been rumors of a really big scale BTB 2.0 mode. And they have said they are considering upping the MCC player limits to be a lot higher than they are now (I wanna say the rumor said 48 or 60 players but could be misremembering). Maybe they would go with that kinda scale for Infinite.

1. By controlling the spawn points/timing of weapons/ammo/health/shields/equipment/etc.

2. By making a map that doesn’t rely on super long sight lines. Also, if the map shrinks over time long range options become less useful as time goes on anyhow since the sniper has to keep moving closer and closer to their targets.

1 Like

Honestly I’m not believing BR will be in the game until I see it. I feel like that voice line isn’t actually for battle royale and is just a medal name or something.

If it is, I wouldn’t be opposed. Just wouldn’t exactly care.

I never heard about the rumor of upping the player count in mcc. That would be cool. And you can bet that mcc won’t have more players in a game than infinite. If mcc goes to 60 than infinite will be at least 60.

Yeah, I heard about the rumors. It seems like there’s some truth to it at least. About MCC, the dev said 60 players. It sounded like they could do more but were limited by the Xbox One. It could be a test for Infinite. I hope so.

It came from that for the MCC :

5 Likes

I’m heavily reading between the lines here and speculating but If I were to guess: they have that tech right now for Infinite and they’re simply looking to adapt that to MCC. He threw those high numbers out there like they’ve done it before.

And I agree a large-scale big team battle should be their priority.

I’m thinking a dedicated BR mode with its own map makes the most sense. To me having a BR mode on a portion of the Halo ring that is increasingly being fractured and lost into space would be cool. The typical shrinking circle would be pretty boring.

I think what needs to be stressed is the fact that BR modes in all other games are highly optimized experiences. The map is created with optimization in mind, and these games could only achieve a map that large with that many players through these optimizations.

For example the tools in Fortnite to create your own PR mode put you on a map that is the fraction of the size of the official map. From there you have a budget of items just like in Halo, and the experience isn’t as expansive as in the main game. I believe the max limit of players in Fortnite is 16 for a creative lobby.

I’ll never say never, and maybe 343 figured out a way to put these tools into the hands of creators so that can compete with the BR mode of other games in terms of scale and size.

Anyways I’m taking that above 40 to 60 player consideration for MCC as a hint to what we can expect in Infinite. If that is a case and they have maps large enough you could create your own 30v30 mode where you only have one life. Or an 8 team match with squads up to 8… Which is in many ways like a BR without a shrinking map.

That said, If there is no second technical preview with large-scale BTB, then I’m probably wrong about the game having 40 to 60 players. I would figure that this is something they’d want to stress test.

1 Like

I was thinking after seeing the 28 player lobby count and the addition of the 4 seat hog (forgot the name) that could easily be 7 teams of 4. They could have a smaller, more tight and faster BR game, which honestly sounds amazing. Most BR games now are huge and can last a long time, I wouldn’t mind a faster BR game honestly and they could always expand on it with more players and different modes.

Solo 28 player match

Duo 14 team match

Quads 7 team match

I 1000% think a BR is coming, not at launch though.

1 Like

Woah the maps look awesome. I got that Reach vibe with one. And the armors. All the potential customization possibilities. We feasting. The multiplayer seems on track based on what we played, just some small tweaks, hopefully we’ll get to test BTB soon. AAAAAH why I came in this thread lurking & posting! Damn, now the wait will be harder. Angry Michael C Hall GIF

2 Likes

Just complete speculation on my part, but I’m thinking that for now 343i prioritizes advertising the game modes hardcore Halo fans love, as well as the core gameplay and mechanics to show that it is still a game made for them. Afterwards, they could start showing more and more different game modes ( possibly this BR or whatever it could be ) closer to launch, or a bit after if it is not ready, for new fans that come with the MP being F2P.

2 Likes

BR fucking sucks dog ass in my opinion, so if it indeed made a thing in Halo, just hope it doesn’t take away resources and attention towards the core of Halo ie Arena and BTB. As someone who’s not very good at shooters, I don’t like the aspect of dying once and getting thrown back into the menu or waiting for some teammate to hopefully come and revive me. Fuck that noise.

I come to Halo precisely because its one of the few remaining shooters whose multiplayer offering has become so centered around BR (Warzone, Apex, Fortnite, etc), especially being F2P.

One appears to literally be a Reach map (not the ones shown in this thread afaik tho, it was from a different leak). :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh boy!

oh boy dunk GIF

Here are a couple of images for that Infinite map that looks similar to Countdown from Reach:

4 Likes

So… thrusters got confirmed as an equipment, it works like a fast sideways evasion, limited charges

I actually saw the option for it on their flight stream, but now I’ve seen confirmation.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good compromise I feel. Glad they didn’t get rid of it entirely and I prefer it this way.

2 Likes