Halo Infinite Leaks Thread (No Story Discussion!)

Forge is great fun for fans but it doesn’t replace actual map and mode design from the developers like for a proper BR mode (which I dont care if Halo has or not).

One of the things I hated from H5 was the overreliance on Forge maps to pass them off as “new”.

1 Like

That comes down to art assets. If they fix that by letting ppl remix existing assets meaningfully or even import our own, that issue goes away. The reason even well designed Forge maps feel stale is because art design isn’t available to sign post map elements like it is in bespoke maps from 343. That kinda thing really aids visibility of movement paths, emphasis on sight lines, the ability to have meaningful map call outs, etc.

It is strange how eager ppl are to dismiss a mode they have heard nothing about nor seen anything of. There is a decent chance the dev environment 343 uses for their maps is essentially the same thing we get in Forge.

2 Likes

I really like these maps. I get Halo Reach vibes.

1 Like

No people are just using common sense. 1 person using forge won’t be able to compete with 100’s of professional making a BR for multiple years.

We have had Forge for over 4 games now and nearly 15 years of existence and it doesnt replace currated game modes and maps from the actual developers so Im just using commonsense.

A custom game BR mode is nothing compared to one that could be perfectly crafted by the actual makers of the game lol.

It isn’t ‘common sense’ to dismiss things we have not heard much of nor seen yet. And BR as a concept literally originated as a DayZ mod. The idea nobody in the community could come up with a meaningful rendition is based on assumptions, not ‘common sense’.

I’ll reserve judgment til we actually see or hear something.

1 Like

I am positive that forge maps will not look as good as hand crafted maps by developers, which is what everyone is saying.

Dreams on Playstation is the best creative tool any developer has ever made and the best looking games still do not look as good as what professionals will make.

Forge is great but they shouldn’t replace actual maps and modes from 343.

3 Likes

You assume they won’t let ppl import their own assets. There is no basis for that assumption yet. That’s my point. Also, there are limited numbers of ppl at 343 working on MP compared to the volumes of ppl who create assets that could be useful online and imported if that is something they let us do. Here:

Thats fine but it doesnt change the point that 3 of us have made already.

All this post tells me is that you aren’t reading what I am typing…

Lemme ask you something, what precisely do you think my argument is here in your own words (be as precise as possible)?

I guess I’m with @TavishHill.

For example, Far Cry’s map editors were way better than forge in terms of assets you could use. Because it was (correct me if I’m wrong) basically all the assets of the campaign and more.

The problem with Halo 5 forge is that the assets weren’t that good. They lacked all the details from the campaign assets, I don’t know why, but probably for memory constraints.

On the opposite, to me, Halo 3’s forge maps were pretty good. Sometimes, it’s just that you notice that the same assets are used multiple times on these maps, so it has this wallpaper effect that can be distracting.

So it would be perfect in Infinite if you could change the granular details of the textures and kind of randomized them. Then problem solved. Although I’m sure it’s easier said than done.

Also, Halo Infinite’s art style will probably make user made maps a little less jarring I think.

Totally speculative, but if Infinite’s forge mode is the more powerful forge mode yet, it may allow devs to make maps quicker with it. Don’t quote me on this, it hasn’t been said anywhere, it’s just a guess on my part. But it could used some light/simplified dev tools to allow players to really express themselves, maybe using decals like Forza games ? I don’t know.

I’m not sure about allowing user textures though. I never heard of this feature on a console game. Maybe Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE allow that I think ?

1 Like

I dont gotta tell you anything and even less with that condescending tone.

All Im saying (and others here) is that if BR is done in any sort of way its better to have it done from 343 from scratch with a proper map, assets and the data to back it up than to have a custom game made for it on a default map. Thats it and not whatever highway exit you just took this conversation to regarding Forge and assets and whatever other nonsense.

In other words, you can’t be bothered to even read the points being made before dismissing them out of hand. Cool. Great contribution to discussion. If you don’t understand what my argument actually is, just ask me to clarify.

Not everyone wants a BR mode that comes at the detriment of Halo’s native game modes (i.e. one that requires 343’s resources to be diverted). They’d get much more mileage and longevity out of a robust map/mode editor that is open source to its community.

What if 343 could make a battle Royale that doesn’t come at the expense of the other modes.

2 Likes

Assuming that a BR mode will consume 343’s resources when they outsource so much is dumb.

Also why the fuck would they not want to make one? It would probably be the most popular mode lol, it’s not 2007 anymore.

1 Like

Which is what I think is what they are doing lol. Make sure the classic modes work fine and then they can add whatever they want which will work better than any custom game and forged map.

They would get more mileage with a proper game mode and a proper map with proper marketing and not something left to the community lmao.

2 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

If forge is so good that 1 person using it can outdo hundreds at studios like respawn(apex), epic(Fortnite) or multiple studios at activision(warzone) than 343 should license forge out and make billions. Because if it could do that than it would be far superior to entire game engines like unreal: 343 could immediately stop developing any content for infinite, and let the community do everything.

First, teams (as in multiple people) worked on forge maps even for Halo 5. Some mods and maps where even selected for some events, like the Ghost in the Shell one.

Forge is a pretty powerful tool in the right hands. The only thing these maps are lacking is the details you can’t add like geometry, textures, graffitis, mud, dirt on the assets you have.

But frankly, I played on some Halo 3/Reach forge maps that were better than official ones. Even some Halo 5 maps are pretty creative and were put in playlists beside some official maps.

Some people have more time on their hands than devs. Like for some, it’s a hobby and they spend hundred hours creating these maps and mods just for their friends, the community to enjoy.

1 Like

Battleroyale is the perfect mode for a Halo sandbox.

I can see Halo blowing up as the ultimate gameplay shooter experience next to BF2042 this year.

BF being that gritty realistic shooter and Halo being the fun arena sandbox.