Halo Infinite delayed until 2021

happy for the developers to have more time and take their well being into higher consideration, but the otherside of me is sad because this is what i was looking forward to this holiday season.

Can’t be against this decision at all, but damn…they don’t have a single XGS game at launch now? It will be The Medium, Ascent and I think that’s about it?

1 Like

Well I’ll be dammned .

1 Like

Not exactly, Nintendo would have delayed the console alongside its big launch title as they did with the Switch and BOTW, though

was looking forward to it a lot, but kinda very relieved to see this happen. The whole “Halo launching with Xbox for the first time since CE” was a very arbitrary milestone that never needed to take as much semblance as it did, hopefully the game comes out in good shape in 2021! And hopefully this means ALL the bells and whistles shall come with it, fully featured campaign, much enhanced visuals, full ray tracing, all the multiplayer modes, it’s only gonna be better than it would have been in November!

that’s because they released Switch in 2017, when its competitors were already half way into the generation. Xbox probably needs to launch this November alongside PS5, otherwise it’s a dry ass year.

I really really hope they somehow get a major first party out, otherwise it’s gonna be very bad.

It’s big news for the Series X launch but ultimately it’s not that shocking really. I’m happy it’s not rushing to launch in a complete mess because that would be hugely damaging and sad for 343 and fans.

Great freaking decision MSFT. I said months anything less than a complete package is unacceptable. This has to be THE Halo game, so I ecstatic that they understand that and will delay the game.

Huge hit aa Halo was destined to be the system seller. Hope they secure some high profile AAA game for Game Pass to convince people to splash cash for Series X. As for me, still day 1 buy.

1 Like

Daring yes, but seriously, what has this studio been doing all that time? I know it’s a brand new engine, so time went into that. But the team is insane in terms of how many people work there. Whatever the case, I hope it turns out well. It’s clear they are listening to the criticism about well…mostly the visuals it seems.

1 Like

I know this is a concern comment but im hoping this doesnt turn out like crackdown 3. That game was gonna launch alongside One X. People didnt like the look of it. It got delayed and the more optimistic of us thought they may be able to improve the visuals but the game ended up being incredibly dated by the time it was released

Different kettle of fish im sure, but ive been burned by ‘the delay can fix it’ before

I’m sorry but what’s the point of releasing it on the old consoles if it’s coming in 2021?

In all honesty this is probably for the best in the long run, for multiple reasons. Big ambitious games often get delayed ( think GTA, Cyberpunk, etc), and I always thought it was a terrible decision to have ray tracing as a patch. Hopefully this will mean the game can reach its full potential, and as long as its early 2021 (think March, April) and not a full year I won’t be too upset.

However, I don’t think I can understate how much of a blow this will be to the Series X. Their big advantage ( other than power differences, which generally don’t decide a generation) was that the most iconic Xbox franchise would be available day one. I get how awesome Game Pass is, but now there isn’t a single launch exclusive on the Xbox side that will move the needle. And with the way that groups of gamers tend to get the same console as their group of friends, the early period is important, especially for Xbox.

I know we hate moneyhatting, but Xbox needs to buy a third party game they can launch their platform with if its not too late in the game for that, Even if its timed for 6 months or whatever. I always buy all the consoles available, but just generally get one at launch ( because of the other things you generally purchase day one-multiple games, controllers, etc) and this might push me to buy the PS5 first. And I know I wont be the only one. 1800 p in multiplats vs full 4k is barely noticeable, so that won’t be a huge difference.

For the future of Halo I’m excited, as that platform doesn’t need to experience the usual early headaches associated with Gaas titles. But this is terrible for Xbox.

1 Like

That’s a big big loss to push gamepass day 1!!

Well, at least its more time to polish it and make it amazing but it really sucks to see it delayed. I wanted to play!

Shame no more firm date in 2021 but a spring launch would be nice. Usually a lull after a console launch, so maybe its there to fill in a gap. Would suck it it got delayed to Nov 2021 but if they need the time, they may as well take it.

Its disappointing but what can you do. They really better have some surprises lined up cos it’s looking barren for release.

I know it’s disappointing. Medium looks interesting, but definitely not a system seller.

Great news in my opinion I want to play the game with all the bells and whistles. So now ray tracing should be in

I think we all can see Halo Infinite will benefit from this. But I mean the launch of the console to be confirmed in November seems somewhat troubled now. What are they launching with? They need to communicate very quickly what their launch games are and show them. You cannot sell a system without some games so I think a big month ahead for Xbox. If you are reliant on 3rd party you need to have a number of games to show running on your system. Can they get the cyberpunk patch to launch maybe? An exclusive next gen patch. Have to do something.

Developing the game. I see a lot of people with this line of thinking.

The game has development goals scheduled for every single day up until launch. It isn’t like they finish the game in March and then go on vacation until November. There are critical deadlines every week.

COVID came, unexpectedly, and delayed the development schedule. It happened across the board in the industry.