Halo Infinite delayed until 2021

wow, that sux big time

So…no launch games? Wth

Good. No crazy dev crunch for the devs.

It is the right move and really proves MS is serious about game quality. If MS will delay Halo to launch a new console they will do whatever is needed to put out a good game.

Also COVID delay is understandable for a game at this stage of development.

All the great BC and Series X enhancements will pay off as owners will still gabe lots to play to justify a new console. If Xbox did not have this delaying Halo would not have been allowed.

As much as I was excited to play Halo Infinite this year, the team needs to take the time they need to finish the development and the launch should not be forced by crunch or anything like that. Well done on MS allowing 343i to make such a big and tough decision.

I wonder if they should scrap the xbox one version of the game. I think it’s wasted resources trying to optimize it and focus should be on next gen

4 Likes

It sucks but with the current Covid situation it’s understandable. Releasing the game in a bad state would have been much worse than a delay.

All the best to the team, I’m sure you’re working your asses off as it is.

Come on. They need launch games. Not backwards compatibility. Need to start showing some big launch third parties on the console. Can’t sell a console based on old games. They really need to do something to compensate.

2 Likes

Woah, so the game must have some real problems. Hopefully good for Halo, but really bad for the console launch

Phil needs to write a 100 million check to get Cyberpunk Day 1 on gamepass. XSX does need a launch game even if 3rd party.

7 Likes

:reggie:

I don’t want to get my hopes up at all yet, but I have a feeling they have a surprise up their sleeves. They have to, right? Xbox One launched with Ryse, a decent game that especially showed what we were dealing with visually speaking. And also Forza. But XSX would launch without any XGS game? It sure seems like it, but maybe they do have a big third party game ready for launch.

But you’d think they would have revealed that at the showcase. It would be a rather mediocre launch if this is truly it.

It’s unfortunate the problems some of these Xbox studios have been dealing with. Crackdown was a mess in terms of development, now the Halo news. I don’t expect the future of XGS to look like that. Playground is a studio you can always bet on delivering and being on time, hopefully Obsidian, inXile and NT too and all the others.

3 Likes

do you think Forza is possible at launch lololol

:(((

The correct decision.

Best wishes to all working on the game.

Now price is more than ever crucial to the Series X and S

2 Likes

I expected a delay after the July Event. Phil and his team are neither deaf nor blind, they’ve heard and seen the lukewarm reactions to the gameplay showing.

Halo still is one of the biggest names in gaming and Halo Infinite’s quality is essential to the reception of Xbox both with hardcore as well as casual gamers.

To me this just shows how serious Microsoft takes its gaming business nowadays.

I just wonder if they will try to secure a bigger third party launch game for Game Pass to offset the delay of HI?

The correct decision but I still believe the XSX is a year too early. PS5 isn’t in much of a better position either.

3 Likes

Genuinely surprised they’ve delayed it, good on them they needed it. It also seems that MS has learnt from half baked launches in the past 3-5 years.

I think Backward Compatibility will be the saviour here. The console will launch with 4 generations of Xbox games, some of which will play best on XSX. But, yeah, in previous years we always had a Forza title to show off the new hardware, and we don’t even have that.

If I were MS I’d be pushing Gears 5 really hard now, we’ve already seen a demo of that on XSX. A shame Microsoft Flight Simulator isn’t ready for take off for XSX.

Probably for the best, but I don’t like the incoming narrative we can expect to see online after this.

I also feel like halo infinite is going to be that game that some critics will give a bad review regardless of how good it maybe, to drive in clicks.

Ah well, I hope the game turns out great and I hope this means the devs are not crunching, I feel like the right decision has been made.

I guess it’s just yakuza at launch for me now :frowning: