Halo Infinite delayed until 2021

Disappointing, but understandable. Ultimately, it’ll lead to a better game and (hopefully) the development team will be under a bit less stress.

7 Likes

Fuck. I’m not adverse to a delay but what the hell am I supposed to play at Launch beyond the Medium?

Ooof :frowning:

This sucks but if the game is better for it than it’s okay

3 Likes

Yep, exactly as you said it. Disappointing but understandable. I personally thought what they showed was excellent (small gripes with the visuals aside), but if the delay means we’ll be getting a better product at launch then I will continue to play MCC until it finally arrives (who am I kidding, I’d be doing that anyways).

1 Like

I can’t with this year

I get it, but damn I’m hurt :pensive:

ouch didn’t expect that

What the ever loving fuck?!

1 Like

If this is Microsoft supporting a “no crunch” atmosphere for their studios I’m 100% behind it.

Sucks of course though and makes launch window appear barren, hopefully Xbox publishing can help fill the void.

2 Likes

Second problem: Do I wait for the Halo series x special edition or get one this year? :sob:

Completely agree with the delay, I would rather a well made game than one requiring a ton of patching.

However, does this mean the XSX is now launching with just The Medium?

I can’t see that being a good business decision, surely this is the point where the console needs a delay?

1 Like

DAMN thats big

whoa!

I wonder if theyll try to have raytracing at launch noww theyre giving the game extra for release

Yep. Good news imo.

1 Like

That’s the right move. More development time and hopefully no crunch time to make the best halo since years.

Today I want to share an important Halo Infinite development update with the community. We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision.

The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.

We know this will be disappointing to many of you and we all share in that sentiment. The passion and support the community has shown over the years has been incredible and inspiring. We wanted nothing more than to play our game with the community this holiday. The extra time will let us finish the critical work necessary to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever at the quality we know our fans expect.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Holy shit! Good decision I guess

1 Like

How long until this comes out? If I had to guess I’d say at least March, maybe later?

1 Like