Halo Infinite delayed until 2021

April at the latest I’m guessing.

Wow. It’s a good move for ensuring Halo Infinite’s quality (It won’t alleviate stress from the development team. Delays only extend the crunch period.) but probably not great for the Series X.

Have they moneyhatted a third party game to cover this?

1 Like

Excellent news. Sticking to a date and crunching towards it despite the pandemic would probably have been irresponsible. Sincerely hope this gives the devs more time and less stress to release a polished product!

1 Like

Nothing about this is disappointing or a surprise for me. Actually it is good. I think the feedback from the July event gave them something to think about and I like the idea of a more polished game more than releasing too early and get all the flak for it.

Release when you are ready. We have enough games on Game Pass we have to play. My backlog is already too big that I think I never will get it done.

4 Likes

Really daring call from MS leadership - Delaying such a big game shows real commitment to quality!

The type of decisions only Nintendo usually dares to make

Kudos to MS

5 Likes

I wonder if this will allow them to offer a MP beta or even release the MP game this holiday? If the MP is f2p that means it has to be a different sku entirely.

It’s the right thing to do because first impression at launch is key. Hopefully it launches with raytracing, but I guess this means I will have to play yakuza, assassin’s creed, and cyberpunk for the rest of the year

Outside noise definitely played its part in this decision, which is annoying to say the least.

Maybe it’s good news for the game, but what exactly is Xbox launching with? sigh

Man this sucks but is probably for the best. You only get one first impression. It’s a blow to the launch of the console too but nothing they can’t overcome. Lol the competition is DLC expansion.

Looks like I’m not getting a Series X any time soon.

Bummer.

So… I guess they should start talking about how good Gears 5 looks on the series x?

Holy shit…somehow this does not suprise me but still… So now MS has no 1st party games at console launch eh ? That seems really bad. That must have been a tought decision to make. Damn.

But as said multiple times, this can only be good for the game.

Could they offer a MP Beta for Holidays though ?

after the demo it was a no brainer.

Honestly, I’m bummed I won’t play halo at launch as I really liked how gameplay looked, graphics aside, I was looking for to play it, but I’m glad they’re going to polish it and I think it was the right decision. I thing it would be a bad look for series x if halo infinite launched with poor graphics in next gen merits.

I hope the team is feeling well because from reading last part of press release it seems morale might be down because of the memes about the game. A

Disappointing, but in the long run its good news. It’s a ballsy move to delay your big launch title but much better than the crunch that potentially would of happened between now and launch. The fact that 343 or any other game studio got much work done at all this year is a credit to the people involved so it’s not massively surprising, I’m more surprised we haven’t seen more delays.

Huge bummer, but if the game needs more time I’m glad they’re giving it to them.

This is a real blow to the launch of the XSX. It no longer feels like there’s a “gotta have it” factor to the launch (even though Infinite was cross gen). I hope they’re able to nail price on the console, cause it’s going to be a competitive holiday.