Halo Infinite - Campaign Hands-on Previews

"actually, I’ve been the core member of the worldbuilding team, sorry for keeping it a secret all this time UwU :pleading_face: "

4 Likes

Can the title be updated to “Infinite” @Phalaxis? Lol

1 Like

Oops. Fixed. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The fact that an open-world FPS is launching with a 120FPS performance mode is mind-boggling to me.

1 Like

Forge and co-op campaign are likely coming out later due to S1’s extension

Oh, so all your bitching and complaining delayed coop and forge even further.

Thanks a lot :+1:

2 Likes

Lol. No I think it is because a lot of the team are getting time off because a lot look very tired.

Everyone is super positive

4 Likes

i was not serious. 343i should take all the time they need. they have a ten year plan, whats a couple of months

1 Like

Oh! Of course you were :sweat_smile:. I should have known and yes you are right.

I am trying to avoid reading too many impression details or watch much gameplay so I don’t spoil anything, but as a huge Halo fan with a custom Halo Infinite Series X I am beyond hyped with the great impressions across the board. And frankly screw Digital Foundry at this point in general where they just miss the joy of gaming way too often with their technical weeds level crap. I am a technical software engineer myself and can find that interesting, but they need to find a better way to present things than seeming like they are missing the forest for the trees.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m so glad for 343 that it is looking like they’ve come up with a really fun campaign. It’s encouraging that folks are impressed by just the first 4 hours and going by previous Halo’s, the levels always get better and better as the campaign goes on.

I don’t know why but I feel there’s a heck of a lot 343 are keeping up their sleeves (it sounds like they’ve put a lot of effort into the story so I bet they are keeping certainthings close to their chest.). I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment but I can’t help but feel we’ll see a bit more varied environments and levels than what we’ve seen so far. I know so far the indoor sections are seemingly the more standard Halo levels but I wonder if we’ll get some more outdoor based set pieces (The Covenant and The Ark levels spring to mind).

2 Likes

Co-op only folks have a tough decision to make

3 Likes

The gameplay bits on this dude’s video are so much better than IGN’s…game looks fun AF. :gimme:

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping too. I did not have a problem with all previous Halo games and didn’t necessarily need a open world, but if they nail it I’m all for it. In their own blog this year they said the world itself is big, open but the main missions take you to more closed off sections, like enemy bases, but hopefully they also have some of these more linear sections outside too. Basically the mission structure.

Halo CE stood the test of time because of the variety, the starting area after prologue is big and kinda empty’ish except for enemies but the campaign takes you to all kinds of different areas, I find this key in Halo campaigns. I really loved my re-plays of Halo, 2 and 3.

That part about exploration and the bit of the jackal just vibing on top of that mountain, lmao. Fucking awesome that the grapple allows such freedom.

I do understand. One perspective that I am taking is that because this does have some optional side missions/content in a more open world, I will absolutely be playing the campaign at launch to soak up every little detail of the world and such. And I will treat the eventual co-op campaign mode as an awesome entirely different experience to come later where you really can’t do that soaking in everything when you and your friends are acting crazy with each other and the like as expected.

That’s kinda always been my plan. Solo the campaign and come back and enjoy the sandbox with friends (and at a higher difficulty)

1 Like

That would be a bummer for sure, a open world is fine but there should be things in there that make it feel and look not so empty. On the other hand, tons of open world games have plenty of empty areas.

My main concern remains the variety of locations. Halo games remain great to this day because they take you to many different looking and feeling locations. I really wonder if that’s going to be one of the downers.

Games looking like a 90+