GTA6 leaked videos/screenshots

That will be the case if they launch in next generation.

Motorsport was being tested on XB1 but is only next gen, might be something similar here

But I agree, by the time this releases last gen will be 11/12 years old, and the consoles were underpowered when they released

2 Likes

Was bummed to see 2024"s “Like a Dragon” be cross gen

3 Likes

Honestly, I could kinda see them going cross gen with this game if they want it to do as well as GTA 5. They stretched that game across three generations of consoles and I don’t think there was any kind of free upgrade for it if you already owned it on a previous gen console.

Looks like RDR2 AI interaction and simulation on a much, much larger scale. Can’t wait.

1 Like

If one of the clips is anything to go by we’ll be able to go prone in the game and this means crawl probably too. I’d like that.

I also hope so much for a actual fun hand to hand combat system this time. Not since after SA has it been too great.

Yeah, that conversation between the two NPCs at the pool but was really cool. Compare that to V where one NPC says something to the other and there’s maybe one reaction like “whatever” or something like that. RDR2 NPC conversations had way more depth, love it.

Okay so I realize my GTA opinion probably skews too mainstream for a video game forum but here it is anyways.

GTAV is undeniably the greatest game of all time. GTA3 is arguably the 2nd greatest game of all time. And GTA San Andreas is the 3rd best game of all time. This is a legendary series by a legendary developer.

That said Rockstar has burned most of my good will in how long single player has been absent. This game needs to be beyond amazing. I don’t care about drip feed rumors and leaks. I don’t care about an announcement trailer with a 2024 (delayed until 2025) release date. Just give me the game already. If it’s not amazing Rockstar can F off, they’ve ruined gamings biggest single player franchise.

Halo infinite and AC Origins were tested on xbox 360 . There is footage of that on youtube .

Looking at some of the code screenshots on the forum post. Its very significant. The game is now going to be 100% delayed.

I love leaks and all but when they’re like this nobody wins. The person leaking this will end up in major shit. The game will also get delayed so the fans will miss out. and most importantly the people working on this game have had it “taken” from them

1 Like

Personally I find V to be massively overrated, lacked a lot of cool stuff that IV did have which for me made it lesser of an experience. Greatest game of all time? Not even close, but of course to each their own. For me San Andreas is my favorite GTA game.

That’s good to know!

There are actually people on that forum that think Rockstar will first release it for last gen and later for current gen. I…can’t. :joy:

And also some believe it actually releases this year. I mean…

My take after having just woken up is the game won’t be delayed at all because of this leak. I don’t see how it has any impact at all on the massive project time-table. It will continue to target the same release date it always has. If it doesn’t hit that target, that we dont know what it even is, it wont be because of this leak, it will be for typical project headaches and issues.

3 Likes

You have to consider the security implecations. Before anyone can really continue working Rockstar will need to found out how this person got ahold of all the data. Verify there are no virus’s etc still within the company.

This may require them to roll back some of their data etc just to be safe. That is why i feel there will be a delay to the project.

1 Like

The security investigation will be handled outside of the workers development team. Everyone will continue doing their job until the third party security audit is finished. At that time the responsible leakers if they’re still there will be dealt with, same with any security holes.

They’re not a HIPPA/Healthcare or Financial institution so they won’t entirely go into lockdown where work stops until everything is verified to be clean. Now that’s just my guess on how it will be handled. I could easily be wrong. I just don’t see the juggernaut slowing down.

Maybe one way we can see is if they shut down all GTA / RDR online systems too. Systems that might have online payment information or PII (personal identity information). If they shut those down immediately for extended period of time, then they maybe shut down development too. Otherwise its possible they continued on with no impact.

Either way, it’ll be interesting to observe from the sidelines.

3 Likes

From experience at the place i work at. At the very least staff will be made to stop until a new secure environment can be created for them. They will also have to respin up there source control system aswell as in game development they will most likely use a centrialised source control so it is all stored on a central server rather than devs machines.

I dont see it being taken offline as these systems should be entirely seperate and only connectable from a “jump box” or something in between so no direct access should ever be possible. However depending on the attack vector you never know

2 Likes

GTA 6 wasn’t in full development since 2013, the main bulk of Rockstar was working on RDR2 solely up until 2018 . You do know RDR2 exists right ?

Has Bethesda also burned most of your good will because of how long a single player ES has been absent ?

1 Like

Yeah you’re right there. I used to be like this a little too. Hating how long it takes to get a new GTA, blaming it all on GTAO. But we did get RDR2 5 years after GTA V which sounds like a perfectly fine development time for such a project. GTA VI is the one that is taking quite long now though, but apparently there have been setbacks where they went back to drawing board etc, and of course covid.

I do however miss the amazing output that they used to have in the 360 era. We had so many top quality games by them and also in such short notice.

I dont see that as being able to be done until after a security audit has started and near the end of the findings. Any work on creating a new environment before they know the reach of the current infestation would lead to a new possibly infested environment. They dont know if it would be infected too, so they can’t do that yet.

It’s one of the most annoying aspects of being breached, knowing that you don’t know anything.

1 Like

Depends how they have it all setup! :smiley: The “cloud” could in theory make it all easier. Just ruin the devs days by making them log onto a remote server to do all their work and then have there control system (most likely perforce) run in the cloud to and only allow them to connect to it.

Then all you have to do is make sure the devs have there passwords etc reset so no one who shouldnt be able to connect to those boxes can.

That is a solution I could see that could allow them to work quickly but its still a slow setup. and I can tell you from experience you’ll get alot of moaning devs :smile:

1 Like

I’m not big on excuses. Rockstar has the money… find a way to make games. RDR2 is a good example how Rockstars obsession with perfection and detail derailed a studio and made them a shell of their former self.

Bethesda uses too many excuses as well. They are too controling of thier IP, Fallout releasing in 2032 is completely unacceptable. Just let another Developer work on the title, don’t be so controlling with your ip that you are too afraid to ask for help from other developers.

I’ve said it before here, most gamers don’t know which developers make thier favorite games. As long as the quality is there, gamers don’t care. Don’t let popular IP sit idle!

1 Like