Grubb (SPECULATION) - Microsoft could remaster all major Microsoft Franchises, including Gears and Fallout

I mean he said “I think” numerous of times before he comments on speculation and it still goes viral or some media outlet picks up on it lol.

1 Like

Can these guys have a second account for speculations ? Like a second channel where they can say dumb stuff without it to be taken seriously ? That would be great.

That being said : remasters sells. It’s nostalgia but without the pain of old gens (resolution, IQ, performance). BC is great for preservation, but remasters are better, most of the time.

I’m with you in this one, these games aren’t old enough where we can’t find them or have access to them. Not only that, their not old enough to have faded from memory. It seems like a wasted thing in my opinion. I still have the Gears trilogy sitting on my shelf for the 360 and not only that, they’re on Gamepass too aren’t they?

1 Like

Agreed. Give me new games. Go let whichever studio was going to do that remake and port work take a stab at a new IP. Xbox back compat is good enough for a lot of those franchises.

1 Like

4 Likes

No. He’s fine with what he says as he always qualifies it. The problem are the damn idiots who take his words out of context. They forget that he has the long standing stance that if he knows anything for certain that it will be written up as an article. Therefore everything on his podcasts is speculation by default. He still places qualifiers like “I think” multiple times. Will all that, the damn idiots still run wild with it.

4 Likes

That’s the biggest postive… Basically a new game in Gamepass is what I want.

Having a remake will add a modern game layer on it and I will be willing to dig into these games

So l can finally get my Morrowind remake and throw in Fallout: New Vegas with the cut content too.

I’m not sure who would do these games, maybe Armature Studio and seeing as they aren’t far from BluePoint Games, maybe some employees might leave Bluepoint to work at Armature too.

So it’s nothing? I won’t make theories based upon bored journalist assumptions.

Hopefully they go more toward the remake route for the really old titles….

Looking at you Banjo, Conker, Fable Trilogy, Gears 2/3, etc.

2 Likes

There is a whole generation of XGS games that many gamers who went from 360–>PS4 never got to play, so this makes a lot of sense to me. I would LOVE to see what Coalition can do in UE5 with remasters of older Gears games, but just hope they update the assets/lighting/tech properly like was done with the Gears 1 remake/remaster on X1. Would be a shame if they didn’t.

I also bet that the talks within MS around Fallout remasters relates specifically to NV, since lots of ppl (myself included) would struggle to play them today without updated visuals and MS would wanna lay the groundwork to make that more prominent sub-franchise within the IP prior to a sequel.

1 Like

I feel the opposite. A Mass Effect LE style remaster (res, framerate, and lighting improvements; some touchups to models and textures, but fundamentally the same game) is exactly what I would want from Fallout, Fable, and Gears.

I think if a studio is going to remake an existing game from the ground up, then just make a whole new game instead.

1 Like

I agree in regards to preferring a new game instead of remaking a previous game. For me, it’s 2022 and I simply expect better games which includes visuals and whatnot so getting an upscaled remaster of say, two generation old games don’t do much if anything for me. I would prefer a remake for certain games but at the same time, it depends on the franchise and how old the game really is. REmake2/3/4 makes perfect sense because those old games are outdated. Even RE4 feels off. But at the same time, a franchise like Fallout and others don’t need remasters or remakes because they’re largely popular and very well known. A new entry would be far better. I’m not a Fallout guy but I would think New Vegas 2 would be a far better idea than remastering the first game.

1 Like

BC enhancements aren’t exactly it? :rofl:

It makes sense in general, but most of the possible remasters are not X1 gen games exclusive on Xbox, other than Gears 4 at best.

Gamepass theory time

Remakes make a good way to feed up Gamepass. They would take less time to make the new game. The games are already proven at some time before. No story writting required. Nothing new to be done (except of improving graphics and quality of life features like loading times)

2 Likes

It always made a lot of sense to me for MS to go back to past Fallout titles, particularly with Game Pass being a focal point. Go back to the original Fallout, give them the Age of Empires treatment, and give them controller support. Being able to play every Fallout on Xbox would be huge.

Also, funny enough, I use to say that Microsoft should invest in a remake/remaster studio in the vein of a Bluepoint, Toys for Bob or Vicarious Visions to make these projects, and now they own (or will own) two of them.

1 Like

I would love to see a Remake of Fallout 1 and 2, modernized to play similarly to Wasteland 3.

1 Like

Gears doesn’t need remasters, just look at how they look and run on Series S and X. Maybe a Resolution Boost for Gears 1 Ultimate.

Now Fable, on the other hand… Anniversary stutters like hell and 2 looks like poo poo with all the bloom

1 Like

I’ve personally been hoping for a Fable remake trilogy from Xbox but I would settle for a remaster.

3 Likes