Get EA Play with Xbox Game Pass (PC & Ultimate) for No Additional Cost

No lies but my EA Access sub just ended first of August and I did not renew it because of the rumors it would be coming to Game Pass. Happy that I even now have access to vault games on my PC.

Legit question: what does this mean for those of us who have already pre-paid back when this was EA Access?

Assumption: if it works like with gold it a period equal to the value of the remaining money will added to your game pass sub.

They answered that somewhere. When the switch hits any gpu user that is subbed to EA Play individually will trigger an instant cancelation of the sub and the remaining time will be added to your gpu sub in a 3:1 conversion rate.

(so 3 months of EA play will extend your gpu sub by 1 month)

Gamepass continues to add reasons to get subscribed, Iā€™m jealous of people who get to grow up with such a service offering such value to anyone.

1 Like

Megaton bomb.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is literally the best deal gaming has ever hadā€¦well actually now that would be Xbox All Access tbh but still.

1 Like

What about people like me that already had EA access and GPU? What happens? Do I just cancel my subscription to that?

Edit: NM it gets rolled over 3:1 per Major Nelson. It keeps getting better!

1 Like

Known about this for awhile, especially if you listen to rumors. Will be nice to use some of my GP 3-month cards that I bought at half off in November with the Series X. I will check out EA at the same time as I check out Wasteland 3, Battletoads, etc with all the games that Iā€™ve missed out on having a 1S these past few months. Doubt I will subscribe full time (certainly not ever at full cost), but will continue to dabble every once in awhile. I currently have 1.5 years worth of cards, so more like 2.5 years with my gaming habits. Also, will be great to try out GP on my new PC in a few months as well if I can get a FE 3080. Might be more like six months if my luck doesnā€™t hold out

MS does get awful persistent though when the card is expiring. I expect that pressure to increase exponentially next year ā€¦

I just recently unsubbed to EA Access, so I guess Iā€™m back on boardā€¦ also, pretty awesome that it now includes PC as well.

1 Like

You know feel like I donā€™t play enough games to spend on a GPU sub, but MS is really making it hard to not just sign up.

Really hardā€¦

I guess I can use my MS Rewards though :thinking:

1 Like

This basically means Iā€™m not buying an EA game ever again lol

Megaton announcement! :slight_smile:

Oh man Microsoft is killing it. Game Pass is the best service ever made. -

Amen

Lowkey they pulled a major SNEAK 100 on us as the pc game pass shall be increasing in price very soon.

Holy shit, MS are going in hard this holiday.

This is great. Having sports games in game pass is a huge win and with this Game pass will consistently get more AAA games when they get added to EA Play so it goes on Game pass.

I preordered star wars squadrons and this makes me happy at the thought that there will be a lot more players when it goes to game pass.

1 Like

If Ubisoft announced today that UPlay+ was also coming to Game Pass, thatā€™d be another bombshellā€¦

But thatā€™s probably too expensive, right? They donā€™t have a ā€œlow-tierā€ option, like EA Play/EA Play Pro.

Real big deal. Now imagine when big games will come later in like the next Battlefield or Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Star Wars, Titanfall 3. Plus sports games. Insane value!

Same, I wouldnā€™t mind playing sports games once in awhile like NHL and Madden but am never going to shell out for them. So this is awesome!

Plus Iā€™d love to try DA: Inquisition, the most recent Mirrorā€™s Edge, maybe do a replay of Mass Effect trilogy. Thereā€™s some solid stuff in the EA back catalog.