Gears |OT| All around me are familiar faces

Except that story is pretty good

I think it could just be this. Gears is a great quality franchise for xbox but I dont think it will ever be what people think it is or will become even with gamepass. How is this game basically free there and we cant get full lobbies in ranked matches? I dont think that has anything to do with being offput with the xbox one since Halo doesnt have this problem.

So the gears story is bad?

Its not better than the original trilogy no but its not bad either.

Well but what does this has to do with robots? Are robots lame did I missed something?

They need to focus on the singleplayer. A LOT of people only play the campaign, and maybe dabble some in the PvE like Horde.

Even I who have played over 200h of Gears 5 have maybe 2h in the PvP, it’s just not that fun. I think the game would shine if the MP was detached and much more focus where given to the campaigns.

3rd person multiplayer games always have a hard time. I mean even popular titles like uncharted or the last of us aren’t very successful multiplayer wise. I for myself tend to play the gears games for the singleplayer aspect. But I have to say that I never played as much multiplayer as in gears 5, I think this game made the multiplayer more accessible than ever but it is still very hardcore and I can see why people feel offput since the learning curve is very high. Also people seem to forget that there is much more competition in 2020 then there was 15 years ago. Back in the day there was no Fortnite, there was no Warzone or Destiny. I don’t think gears got worse in any case it’s just more competition and therefor you have to deliver more to get people on board. Maybe leaving multiplayer out and concentrating on a big expansive singleplayer campaign would be a good way forward. I think Halo Infinite is the role model for future titles. One Multiplayer for an entire generation with singleplayer campaigns added every other year. Thats the way Forza Motorsport is going as well. And these season battle royal games show how it’s done. I think development time is just too expansive these days to always reinvent the wheel with every new installment.

2 Likes

Reboot it into a 3rd person action adventure game because that’s the norm and easiest way to get game of the year lol

Lets be serious now.

I just think Gears and having robot enemies was not something the franchise needed at all.

Gears 5 does not have robots at all tho. There are part of the universe and robots where always in gears. As an enemy only really in Gears 4.

We played different games then cause Hivebusters has robots too.

yes a small section but the majority are locust

Chill i was just mocking the games media and sony fanboys

As others have said, there is more competition. Gears at its core is a dude bro title. Such games have somewhat fallen out of favor outside of the usual big name AAA franchises. I think the Coalition has done a nice job with the series, even if I am not the biggest fan of Gears 4.

I think they have but they will never get the proper recognition I feel they deserve even if their games are good.

1 Like

I’d love for them to return to the dark horror roots of Gears 1. My feeling is that Gears isn’t as big as Xbox fans believe it to be. In the 360 days it was a powerhouse but even as a massive Gears fan i can acknowledge the series hasn’t moved an inch since Gears 3. I think I’m more open minded to a complete revamp of the series but it’d be hard to accept them completely changing the multiplayer.

1 Like

They tried reinventing the formula with adding the open world and some character building with Jack in Gears 5 I think with the hope of popularizing it more but that didn’t stick. I’m not sure why, I’ve loved all of them except judgement.

This is an interesting idea. Especially with how they took Hivebusters. We explored a different part of the world. Who’s to say exploring the world in an Uncharted type format as someone racing the cog across the world and clock for something wouldn’t be a huge hit.

Same