Gears |OT| All around me are familiar faces

Yep, either go big or small. Like full blown Mass Effect-big with changes or intimate survival horror and keep as is in regards to gameplay. Either would work I think.

I just don’t think Gears combat/gameplay lends to an open world adventure game.

You’re a lumbering space marine that can achieve short bursts of power/speed.

It lends FAR better to a smaller, focused more linear survival horror game. Like Resident Evil 4/5. I mean, Cliffy himself said RE4 was an inspiration.

3 Likes

Yeah I think that would be the better path.

1 Like

I know exactly what they need to do to make the game more popular. People see Gears as a dudebro game because how big the characters are with their gear. They need to be more “human” size for it to be considered good. I know there are characters that are big and popular but they’re not the same as the Gears characters.

I think they should (if they want a big hit) remove the big bulky gear and do some sad story about losing a family member or something (again) then working to buid up and kill the thing that killed the family member (I know generic). As the game goes on you collect slowly more of your gear so by the end of the game you are the bulky character again but people would’ve bought into the game before hand.

They could always just add a kid or sad dad in there for extra effect.

4 Likes

And eliminate all multiplayer? :wink:

2 Likes

How could I forget that, if they want to get that amazing Game Awards trophy MP needs to go, who cares if it’s played by a large amount of players. Microsoft and Xbox needs Game Awards trophies to be considered a good platform.

3 Likes

Are you joking or…?

1 Like

haha wow it’s that bad, of course I’m joking. Couldn’t give two shits about getting a GOTY award, especially if they have to alter the games they make to get one.

3 Likes

You never know :smiley: and Im not native sooo

1 Like

Haha it’s all good, tbh I don’t blame you for thinking I was being serious there are some crazy people out there with super weird views like that!

2 Likes

I think the dudebro argument is stupid. What does this even mean? Have people ever really played Gears?

1 Like

dudebro pretty much means dumb college dudes who love football and cod pretty much, well that’s what I’ve always veiwed it as when people say that. They think it’s dudebro because the characters are huge and have guns pretty much and I can almost guarantee you they haven’t played it they just look at the front cover/pictures of the game.

In general games with lots of guns tend to be labled “dudebro” like games without guns is more mature or more smart, when you put MP in too that makes it worse. People think Halo is dudebro too…

I mean Gears 2 is probably one of the saddest games I played… Honestly it is a insult to the game in a way.

1 Like

Yep, I think what The Coalition should do is seperate MP and SP. Release a new SP campaign every 4 or so years and just keep updating the MP and when they release a new SP campaign do a huge MP update along side it. Doing it this way people might view it differently and I think MP games are going down this route.

Release big 20-30 high quality AAA SP campaigns every 4 or so years seems to be the key in the industry right now.

3 Likes

Jep. If this gen told me something it is better to have a ever evolving multiplayer instead of a new game each couple years. My senses tell Halo will take a similar approach.

This is my suggestion make singleplayer and multiplayer seperate and go all out with the singleplayer portion. And the mp gets constant support during the gen like Sea of Thieves.

Cod is the last franchise to do this and even they expand with warzone.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see this going across all MS games with MP and SP. Halo, Gears and Forza for sure will go down this route. It’s smart because you aren’t trying to develop constantly new MP games along side the SP and hurt each other. You will only have to worry about 1 thing at a time and once the MP is launched you can put a smaller team on the MP mode to keep updates coming then ramp up the team to do a bigger release every so often.

2 Likes

I think gears will get one multiplayer in unreal 5 and after this no more until the next engine overhaull

Gears online too niche to be mainstream and this campaign story just doesn’t hit like the original. Frankly who wants to be killing ROBOTS.

Isn’t that the plot of Horzion Zero Dawn? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t know if single player is really less popular, but as far as multiplayer goes I think there is just so many other things to play honestly that I don’t think there is anything The Coalition can do to regain popularity. So much is fighting for players’ time that it’s increasingly difficult to remain relevant. Honestly the fact that it’s still somewhat popular on Xbox Live to this day is surprising.

Maybe it’s just like RTS games being replaced by MOBAs; it’s possible that Gear’s time has come and gone and that while it will remain a pillar for Xbox it will just never go back to its glory days.

2 Likes