Gears 5 RT reflection? (Nope! see pics)

You are just assuming it isn’t from XSX, but the ‘evidence’ ya gave isn’t actually evidence. :confused:

I expect a lot of games to utilize this sort of tech. Because as it is, Watch Dogs Legion’s is 4k/30fps with RT. RT is very demanding it seems!

True, but eventually it won’t be nearly as demanding as ML is used for RT denoising. :wink:

1 Like

Fair point.

1 Like

That cut scene is just after the end of chapter one I suppose.

Only if someone can ask XSX reviewers to play upto that cut scene.

I believe, DF will also have a video coming up shortly.

Hope they compare it a PC running 2080 or 2070.

2 Likes

You mean this :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

XSX From above post.

PC high settings from above post

X1X from above post

From Alex DF tweet

RadBrad video

Now it’s looking more close to insane ssr settings instead of ultra ssr settings.

What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

Holy shit if that’s how the insane profile runs on a freaking 3090, then it’s definitely out of reach for any console.

So it looks better now than the pic from earlier ?

Seems identical to me. The original post with pics showed the XSX version faithfully. Someone else found a video of a reshade mod with the same settings for that scene and mistook it for being the source for the OP’s images. Think everyone is on the same page now (I hope). :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m lost. I thought too it was taken from that reshade trailer. It could have been, from the look of it.

But if that’s what we’re getting in the end, I’m happy, even if it’s not perfect RT reflection or SSR.

Pics in OP are from X1X, XSX and PC version (Insane settings). Many of us felt the XSX version looked superior due to liking how shiny the floor is. Alex from DF noted the Insane setting is higher quality and more realistic, despite what many of us think subjectively speaking. This tells us XSX setting for reflections is between Ultra and Insane. Still, it looks incredible on XSX.

Then someone found a video showing a Gears PC reshade mod, which tweaked lighting settings and happened to have the same reflection settings on XSX version has. The poster mistook that for proof that the pics in the OP were from that PC mod (they weren’t). We know that is not the case, because we now have other views on that scene running on XSX from prominent YT’ers here in the US, which demonstrates it is indeed the XSX version.

Clearer?

1 Like

Yes. I understand now. Thank you !

My thought was : it’s too good to be true ! So yeah, glad it’s now settled and looking good !

1 Like

Probably in the minority, but I can’t wait to replay gears 5 campaign on the series x and get my last campaign/base game achievement (a kill with each relic weapon) & I’ll love playing operation 5 ofc :slight_smile: Got my seriously 5 already, love this game so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

None of these pics labeled Xbox x,PC insane and series x are Xbx game footage.The last one is a screen shot from a PC.I’ve watched the game footage of Gears 5 running on the series x and on PC and it’s easy to tell them apart,this post is very easy to disprove.

Eh? Someone else posted video of the scene played on XSX from another source and it looks identical. See: RadBrad video.

I often wish someone could plausibly edit out the character and replace them with Kratos or Spiderman just to see how ppl react to the visuals online. >.>

1 Like

I know, warriors online would lap it up. But what annoys me is, warriors are literally cherry picking a game looking at its worst to bash a game, then comparing it to a cutscene close up shot.

Cherry picking a specific scene with zero context, I’m sure you could make literally every game look bad, maybe not the ori games though, they are a piece of art :stuck_out_tongue:

See, very easy to do, my main worry is, these images you see shared on twitter could potentially hurt a games sales, like the Craig meme or the 120hz still image of dirt 5 (what looks understandably not as good as the 4k/60fps mode)

It just gives people a negative perception of that game before it is even out.

And I think it sucks, it could hurt the game, and it must really suck for the people working on the game, to see their years of hard work insulted and used in petty console wars.

4 Likes

Sometimes the imaginary can look better then reality.

When some people say visuals are worse because they are not realistic or physically accurate it makes me think of the matrix and how mouse wonders if the machines got the taste of chicken right.

Like, who is to say that a new take on how light works looks inferior to how light looks in reality.

Yep. It’s the perception and how we all have a different idea of what good graphics are. But good lighting and textures are what really makes a scene looks good.

Gran Turismo 7 graphics, for example, are beautiful and thought to be accurate to real life, but are in fact hyper-realistic in the sense that devs purposefully made headlights brighter and materials shinier than real life.

Forza Motorsport 7 has more accurate lighting, but in direct comparison with GT7, looks a little bland and flat (I hate this word!).

That’s why good artists and a good vision is so important now, even for games that are photo realistic. Hyper realism looks better because most of the time, it surpass real life !