Gears 5 - Hivebusters DLC Revealed

It’s a free perk if you have Ultimate. If you have vanilla Game Pass, gotta buy it.

1 Like

tbh vanilla game pass on console seems to be the worst of the bunch across the ecosystem. It doesn’t have live gold, it doesn’t get ea play, yet PC gamepass gets both of that (while costing the same lol), now seems like DLC shall be coming to Ultimate members, who pretty much get everything (GPPC, Live gold, EA Play, Xcloud, DLC). Feel like the one step to reduce the tragedy of the standard console game pass is to either include live gold in that, or pretty much kill Live gold requirement for online play period

1 Like

this have the old gears feel and i love it, no unnecessary open world and this dlc actually have interesting characters. the only downside is price.

Great that it’s coming to GPU but I’ll be waiting till I’ve got a Series X before I play it.

The graphics should blow me away.

Gamepass :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

To be honest I didn’t even look at the price when I saw it was in Game Pass.

$20 for 3 hours is hefty indeed. You can also just get one month of GPU to play it.

2 Likes

How do you know that the price is a downside when we still haven’t played the damn thing yet? 3 hours (which will be more than 3 hours on the higher difficulties) of high quality content with good replay value isn’t worth 20 euros? you expected what? 10 euros? or maybe 5? not even a month ago a major publisher sold an expansion at 60 euros and apparently everyone was totally OK with it! 20 euros is a totally normal price and in line with what most expansions for AAA games are selling for…and that isn’t taking in the equation that you can play the expansion via Game Pass Ultimate.

I am so tired of gamers focusing on length and hours per euro/dollar instead of quality and replay value, videogames are not potatoes people. I guess that’s why more and more games are bloated with boring filler content, countless question marks and don’t know when to end.

3 Likes

That’s what Xbox want the gamers to do. Save $5 bucks and in the process get addicted to Gamepass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Totally agree with you!

COD cold war is the prime example for this. The campaign is short but the story is straight out of the hollywood movies i loved to watch.

imo this is just dlc and not standalone game. they probably used assets from main game to make this. making this type of dlc don’t require big budget or much time.

Kotaku is best at creating concerns in gaming industry.

1 Like

Couldn’t find it in the perks.

It hasn’t released yet. Also I’m not sure whether it’ll actually show up as a perk, you should just be able to download it and play.

1 Like

Yeah $0 is steep indeed…

When im ready to play through Gears Tactics as well as the Halo games I need to play, I’ll subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate and also have access to the DLC. Will be interesting to see if I can get through all of it in one month.

Tactics takes a while :wink: I’m not thru it yet but it’s not a short game. Very good though!

I know. It’s around 40+ hours give or take which is fine by me. Will definitely get my Gears fix until the eventual Gears 6 releases.

Where is their article criticizing Sony for blocking Ps4 games to people on PS5 only through the same PS plus subscription?

That opens a much worse precedent and the press could certainly have helped getting Sony to change it.

This dlc was a very nice surprise announcement for me. I thought Gears 5 was incredible. A big step in the right direction for the franchise’s future. Can’t wait for the next main entry, but Hivebusters & Tactics will do nicely for now!

WOW i didn’t MS were selling GPU for $free.99