Gears 5 - Hivebusters DLC Revealed

The Hivebusters DLC has been officially revealed for Gears 5, releasing December 15! It will also be included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. It can be purchased separately for $19.99 and is included in the Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition, also available December 15. 16 new achievements will be added with a total of 210 gamerscore.

In the new expansion, play as Lahni, Keegan and Mac – the heroes introduced in Gears 5’s Escape mode – in their first mission as part of the secretive Hivebuster program. Thrown together and dubbed “Scorpio Squad,” their suicide mission to destroy a Swarm hive may hold the key to saving Sera and their own redemption.

https://twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/1336354858669051907

9 Likes

im surprised this wasnt announced at TGA

4 Likes

Wow this looks amazing! And release next week! YES!

3 Likes

Haven’t watched it yet and don’t intend to do but let me say from what I’m hearing it sounds like a action packed thrill ride:)

This is what I like Gears to be not this boring ow sections :slight_smile:

Right? Wonder if they have some big announcements planned for TGA.

1 Like

I got the release date right. I said 12/11 or 12/15. Surprised they announced it now. I’m no longer expecting it at TGA on Thursday.

That looks great. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Agreed but I did like the frozen winter chapter in Gears 5 though. Desert area, not so much.

That smooth 60FPS

6 Likes

To add further from the wire post it seems like the location is in an volcanic area. This is getting extra points. Last game I played with a great volcanic setting was Doom and Skyward Sword

1 Like

The frozen winter area was good but unnecessary.

Xbox just announced their one and only bit of gaming news 2 days before the TGAs, which means theyll have literally to show at the TGAs while sony blows everyone away with MGS remake, Silent Hill and Twisted Metal Black remake. DOOMED, We’re all DOOOOMED

/s

3 Likes

I love how it started out…linear and straight forward. I mainly like the open area only because I loved shooting the ice and watching the enemies fall in. :rofl:

I do prefer linear/wide linear for Gears 6 but in terms of it just being more spacious as you’re progressing through it instead of having optional stuff located within it.

Let’s not turn this thread in same lame topic :sweat_smile: But to this says xbox has something way more important to show tbh

2 Likes

Ahahhahahahahhahah

Personally I’m quite excited for this. It’s a bit on the short side (3 hours), but it seems to be action-packed and exciting. The choice to include it with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a very good one. I haven’t checked Gears 5 yet on the Series X so I will be doing that once this DLC releases in a week. Do wonder what Xbox has planned for the Game Awards now.

1 Like

Yep completely agree.

2 Likes

Ngl that mechanic was glorious!

Microsoft : Why are you adding so much content to Game Pass Ultimate? I don’t have all the time in the universe to experience the content :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was. Hope that returns in Gears 6. This makes me wonder if their will be lava areas in the DLC that if you shoot the ground, enemies can fall in like the ice. Oh man. Will definitely be on the look out for that when I eventually play the Hivebusters DLC.

Only imagine how gourgues the lava will look😍 don’t let me down! I go completely blind in it !!

Let’s mute gears and hivebuster on Twitter just in case.