Gears 5 - Hivebusters DLC Revealed

Oh I’m sorry, my bad. $1

Bad Microsoft want money for games baaaad

Guys, this is not needed. :wink:

It’s fine if you dislike subscription services or Game Pass doesn’t fit the way you play games. And it’s fine to say $20 is expensive for a 3 hour experience.

Live and let live.

1 Like

GPU is $1 but then the Gears 5 and DLC is Free. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It seems that Gears 5 now has a “chose what you want to have installed” system similar to Halo: MCC! There is a 42GB mandatory file, then you can choose between the main campaign (19 GB), the Multiplayer (10 GB), the Hivebusters DLC (8 GB) and all the cosmetics (12 GB).

If you have everything installed the game is 91 GB.

3 Likes

Fantastic news and hopefully more developers jump on this bandwagon, because storage is going to be a premium unless you are willing to splash a bit of cash.

3 Likes

I noticed this as well while installing the game earlier this week. Great move, I appreciate the developers giving more options to the players on what to install, considering the storage space on the next-gen consoles is not as large as I would like it to be. Would love to see even more developers adopt this practice.

3 Likes

Is it possible to install the DLC alone ?

I think you have to have the “base package” as well. Then you can choose what to add to that.

Just got done playing the DLC and it was great hoping for more.

Im about 15mins and im loving it, amazing visuals and its a direction i would like to see the gears series go. The IP has so much potential, with new characters, new worlds and new enemies it almost feels like a new IP, but I think it’s good they use the gears IP because its a good iP that has a lot of potential. Gears is essentially a 3rd person shooter with big guns and armour, it can go many places and this DLC shows that. I would actually prefer a DLC like this every year (maybe a bit longer, like 5-6hrs) rather then a full game every 3yrs, I think gears games are better if they are in the 5-10hr range.

I’m hoping Gears 6 goes back to what Hivebusters is. Give me a 12-15 hour linear/wide linear game without the optional open world bullshit. But after Gears 6, im hoping for a new IP from The Coalition.

1 Like

I actually didnt mind the open world though. Its a bit barren but I liked exploring and wish we got to see more towns/life in the gears universe with the exploring.

I liked using Jack so finding upgrades was decent enough Incentive for me to do the side quests.

2 Likes

I liked ACT 2 which was the frozen area but I didn’t like ACT 3 which was the desert area. By then, I was kind of tired of the open areas. Plus the desert was bland and boring for me. I don’t want any optional side stuff as it completely slows down the pacing. Granted, it’s optional but majority of people will do it or at least attempt it. Just give me a full fledged 12-15 hour action packed campaign and I will be a very happy camper.

I agree with you there. The desert area was not great, the side quests got a bit repetitive and it was not visually appealing as snow.

The level in the snow with the Lab and the AI was soo creepy and soo atmospheric. One of the best looking levels in Gears 5 for me. When it launched ACT 3 didnt run well for me.

Agreed. I liked and enjoyed every act and area except for the desert area. lol.

I don’t remember the name of the vehicles in Gaars 5, but driving it was a ton of fun. However, yeah, I didn’t need the open-world aspect. Maybe give me a few scripted segments to drive that thing, like the motorcycle chase in 4.

But also, never stop making Gears games. EVER

Yeah, if anything we need even more Gears.

Give me Gears Infinite with bi annual hivebusters sized expansions and I’m set for life

3 Likes

I haven’t had any luck downloading this, this morning when it was finally installed at 100% it just kept going and going, restarting the Xbox or swapping the game between my HDD and then the SSD again didn’t work, I uninstalled the game and here I’am downloading it again, hope it works this time, it isn’t the first time that I’ve had this issue with Gears 5 on Series X, a few weeks ago it wouldn’t let me play the campaign for some reason so I had to uninstall the game :confused:

Watching the start of the DLC - i find it comedic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also loves the vegetation and visuals. Gives certain vibes of uncharted games.