Gears 5 - Hivebusters DLC Revealed

Definitely surprising that this wasn’t at TGA. Makes me wonder then what MS plans to show.

At the same time though, I suppose it’s a good thing. If this is all MS showed at the show, then you just know people would have complained to no end.

2 Likes

Yeah, could be it

Lets prepare and load this humongus gears 5 :s

Happy to dive into Gears 5 again. The story of the DLC seems fun, can’t wait!

it’s a 3 hour dlc, and it being marketed as such.

4 Likes

Excited for more Gears. Raams shadow was such a great campaign dlc back in Gears 3.

3 Likes

Yeah, same problem for me. Deleted the game like two weeks ago…

I’m not a huge Gears fan, but I do enjoy them every now and then. This DLC looks really good tho. Will def play it for sure. Game Pass is the gift that just keeps on giving! :smiley:

This looks very good, but man it feels like a missed opportunity not having this for launch. Ah well going to enjoy this a lot

Same. Just watch a few seconds then went full nope, prefer to experience it myself.

So you missed the announcement that it’s guest starring Geralt and Shovel Knight?

2 Likes

I watch trailers for stuff like the Gears 5 DLC. For full games, I’ll watch trailers, overview trailers, previews, etc. like I did with WDL, Immortals and Valhalla in order to decide if im buying the games physically or digitally. I bought WDL physically and the other two digitally with the gold edition. Only thing I won’t watch is walkthrough videos once the game releases. Basically, the launch trailer is the finale. After that, it’s cutoff time.

Oh and I always prefer it when publishers show and detail their post launch plans BEFORE the base game releases as that plays into my disc or digital purchasing decision.

1 Like

The response to the trailer seems to be overwhelmingly positive from what I see, and I don’t even play gears. Good for them, Coalition be coming in clutch!

1 Like

@BlackheartVinyl

:oh_wow_think:

1 Like

This is going to be great. Hopefully there’s some new enemies and then they can be added to horde (maybe).

Fantastic news! It looks incredible, I’m always impressed with the work The Coalition do.

I wasn’t sure whether I would replay the game on the Series X but with their being a SP DLC I’m definitely gonna now. And I get to fully upgrade Jack this time! Going from the One S to Series X will be a treat, won’t it?

1 Like

Funnily enough I’m the opposite, but I think having JD and Fahz along for the ride in desert helped. Still, I prefer linear gears tbh.

1 Like

Disagree in regards to the Winter/Desert acts but I agree in regards to preferring Gears to be linear or wide linear at most in terms of progressing through the act. No optional stuff. Just bigger enemy encounters and whatnot.

Phil needs to start giving the Coalition a budget that 343i gets, a silent but strong studio since switching from Black Tusk to the Coalition back in 2014 once Microsoft bought the Gears IP from Epic games it has produced four games in six years Gears 4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and Gears Pop all high quality and now a dlc on the horizon and helping the intiative with there game it is time for Phil to start increasing their budget.

1 Like

Will this be included in Gamepass, or will a separate purchase be needed? Also, is it like a stand-alone to the story? I completed Gears 5 but did a new game+ on act 1