Thats why you get paid the fat patreon and superchat dollars flower x

4 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Very happy for you! Hope you enjoyed Pizza night :green_heart:

2 Likes

Tooooo much pizza, we are all blobby carb balloons this morning :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello everyone been dealing with some personal demons things got pretty bad but Iā€™m getting through it.

Been away from the forums a fair bit due to it but yeah Iā€™m back & glad to see itā€™s thriving better then ever.

Hope everyone in here who has also had there own problems are getting on well and are finding peace in the chaos.

Love you all :green_heart:

9 Likes

Hey Jam!

Mostly ups for me thanks for asking, the new job is really helping me for now, but its exhausting. Iā€™ve been in bed early a lot of nights, and when I havenā€™t I have been giddily getting trollied watching Live podcasts til 04:00. I am so old!

Love back! And you keep doing what youā€™re doing to stay on top of things, youā€™re Amazing! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I have suffered from depression. Actually not long ago I had serious dip. A lot of games can affect depresiĆ³n negatively.

Avoid games like Skyrim. Avoid walking simulators with fake challenges. Avoid running sidequest after sidequest. That will make you feel like nothing really matters and you are a donkey following a carrot.

Avoid disturbing games like Dishonoured or Bioshock. You donā€™t want twisted shit.

Do you have kids? If you donā€™t and you feel bad for that avoid Nintendo games

Go for challenging games make you feel you are getting better. The best genre imo are fighting games.

There is nothing like noticing that you are improving little by little and some day you win a match online.

Small team games with clear goals can also be good. Sea of thieves might be good at that. But Iā€™m guessing because sadly I havenā€™t tried it yet

4 Likes

I know you mentioned no puzzle games but I highly recommend Tetris Effect on Gamepass. Some research studies have shown that Tetris can help your mental health.

Other games I would recommend are Ring Fit Adventure. (Starting to play it again twice a week.) Yakuza: Like a Dragon. (first yakuza game Iā€™ve played. Loved it) The two Ori games on Gamepass.

2 Likes

I have bipolar disorder which is caused by a chemical imbalance. I suffered the deepest of depression for about 15 years or so and I wasnā€™t able to point it to anything. It was just a chemical imbalance , I was even having hallucinations(plus manic episodes). I saw a psychiatrist and am on a medication called Latuda(there are other less expensive medication that work almost as well) Iā€™m very happy now and on the med for almost 9 years with no depression episodes(or the other). Itā€™s made having a family and a happy life possible for me. Just want to recommend you get professional help. If itā€™s a physiological disorder such as mine, only , probably only, medication will help imo. Also try praying for help as I believe that helped me find my solution.

6 Likes

I donā€™t mean to offend you personally but I have to say that this post is the perfect example of how we are all different & the things that work for one person can be of no use to anyone else, because I completely disagree with every single thing you just said :sweat_smile:

Again, no offense intended. I just thought that was quite humorous.

My suggestion would always be to try & find what works for you & stick with it. If it works & you feel better, itā€™s the right thing to do.

3 Likes

My depression lately has been so major I canā€™t play games for over an hour. Itā€™s weird. But forums like this are a nice distraction.

5 Likes

Yeah there was quite a lot of things that are counter for me there, challenging games just make me feel drained and worse when I inevitably give up.

We are all different and like you say what works for one, may not for another.
I was going to say try not to ā€œforce yourself into doing something that feels impossibleā€ but for me that describes some mornings where I needed/need that push to get moving. So I would say if you find it hard to function at all and need to really try to do your day to day things, then dont do the same in your free time.

Apologies if that doesnt make sense Iā€™m just terrible at writing things down from my head, it gets so easily distracted and off on tangents. Listen to everyones advice try it all and find what makes you the best you that you can be that day.

:heart: to all. Everyone here is wonderful, and today everyone has a free hug from Cerys x

4 Likes

I lost my nearly 21 year old Cat last week so I have not been feeling too great.

He had a great life though and I am working through it.

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I bet he had a great life.

1 Like

Thanks man.

Sorry for your loss man I lost my 23year old cat in 2019 itā€™s rough. I hope you start to feel better soon bud

1 Like

Thanks for that Jamie.

1 Like

Ok Im getting pizza today thank you :drooling_face:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, buddy.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, chief. He had to be one historic cat!

1 Like