Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

(3840 * 1836) > (1920 * 2160)

By 70%.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Anyone knows which podcast is this?

1 Like

great news for xsx but not great news about xss

Why PS5, Series X Games Have Yet to Blow Us Away | Next-Gen Console Watch - YouTube

Not needed in this thread. Sorry :frowning:

why ? it’s news about development for next consoles.

low specs system will always have short life cycle it’s common sense

some games will probably held back by XSS and some it won’t

it’s what it’s

it will be interesting gen

Its’ not about Games Analysis Per Say. It’s not directly about comparing two versions of the same game.

It’s a “Letter of the law” vs “Spirit of the Law” thing.

1 Like

did you watch the video ?

Look the thread on OtherERA is already a shit-show and I would prefer if we just ignored the video in general because it’s already all over my timeline every where, and I’m just done my dude.

ahhh it’s just news my dude and i’m not bringing shit show this thread

2 Likes

No interest in watching an IGN video whatsoever and I have already been blown away by current gen. The SSD in Xbox Series X alone did that and when you add in the mostly consistent 60FPS, yeah, im great and could never ever go back to last generation games. And the Ray Tracing in Miles Morales blew me away too so I don’t know what those people at IGN are seeing/playing. Maybe, they’re playing all the cross-gen games on 2013 PS4/XBO hardware thinking it’s current gen. lmao. :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe they’ve been playing the PS4 version of games on their PS5s and not know it?

1 Like

That’s definitely a possibility. And would be hilarious if that was the case.

Oh I know the PS5 is using checkerboard rendering, but the pixel counts should come at 1920x2160 unless he’s counting the first frame of a scene before the reconstruction begins. If he’s counting just the native pixels before reconstruction, fair, but that still wouldn’t account for the actual image quality.

I also agree that it looks to be a clear win for the SX with image quality regardless.

2 Likes

The Ps5 resolution is just showing how many pixels are actually rendered natively (half of 4k), in reality it’s more complex because those pixels are rendered in a checkboard pattern and the adjcent ones reconstructed.

Mind you, Ps5 is CBR and dynamic res, according to DF it can drop to as low as 1440p Checkerboard.

We don’t know the resolution limits on SX yet, but it’s looking up to be the biggest difference yet (specially because it’s pushing some higher settings at that)

Outside of rendering resolution, the resolution of some effects/buffers, and maybe RT, the XSS should look comparable to what we’ll see on the XSX. Your post doesn’t make much sense. The XSS will impress people.

2 Likes

Interesting… So:

• Tools not being mature is a thing. Many bugs and performance issues caused by them (Clearly was the case for the stuttering on SX where they needed Ms help to solve)
  • Cross gen development hurts SS the most because the engines and games were made without taking account for it, it seems for example the gpu could handle RT on Control, but they ran out of memory.
  • But when building new engines and games taking into account this machine it will be a smoother process (I guess tools improving as well)
  • And overall they are very happy with Ms decision to lower the cost of entry of next gen, thinks will be great for the industry
5 Likes

Who knew? >.>

It isn’t good that XSS will not hold back next gen game engines…huh? o.0

did i say XSS wouldn’t impress people ? and what about my post wouldn’t make sense ?

it’s common sense low specs will have low life cycle in few years from now XSS will held back XSX and games or XSS will drop below 1080p-900p resolution