Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

https://twitter.com/Xbox_Series_XS/status/1620106641197924352?t=5EA7FKIdeaNSBPNURo7lwg&s=19

Did not watch the video… Because I wasn’t expecting anything more then the VRS quality issues as per John’s comment on tweeter

But I never expected this. If it is true, this is definitely some capping for one console in the media industry

Revenge on Callisto’s parity.

1 Like

Its because the DF video wasn’t a performance review video, it was a “Tech Review”. Jon was analyzing the new version of the game and comparing it to the the original. It is clearly stated in the video that a performance video is coming later. Him saying this is literally the same part of the video where he mentions moving away from talking about performance.

Timestamped

2 Likes

DF perf review is delayed because of the patch. It was going to be tomorrow, but now it’s waiting for all systems to get the patch.

3 Likes

Like South Park episode, having them gunpoint works wonder. But seriously, I do expect Xbox will start gaining advantage with the latest tech. Doom Eternal was a beginning for using its feature, we can start seeing more.

Let’s start by assuming that this video is legit and not BS…I doubt DF wouldn’t say anything about this difference between the two platforms in performance since there are some chunky frame drops from the PS5 version in this video. So it’s either a bug or the new patch that improved VRS caused performance issues…again, assuming this video is not BS.

I think John simply didn’t reach upto this area while he was reviewing VRS… So he simply doesn’t have any idea of this performance

1 Like

It still wouldn’t surprise me if X takes the cake here. After all it has the more advanced RDNA, has it not?

1 Like

Their VRS implementation seems to be brightness based and not computed on local contrast. Its a bit baffling for me, they have lots of (very nice) volumetric fog everywhere where VRS is suitable (because low contrast).

Will be interesting to see the performance hit or if its even measurable.

2 Likes

This looks more like a bug and not how VRS should be done. They shade with lower resolution seemingly at random and especially on edges with contrasts and its very visible that way.

6 Likes

Fanboys like this shouldn’t be paid attention to IMO. People like this have clear agendas as they like to talk about other people and games from their glass houses while not knowing a thing of what it takes to put out analysis content.

It’s weird because you would assume that Dead Space would be perfect for VRS due to the nature of the game…

1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

PTSD is kicking in.

The PC Version is just awful, nothing but weird choices and broken features.

Is that an untouched image from the game? Some of the horrible pics I’ve seen the past couple days have been brightened several times over to see the details which were hidden in darkness or shadows during the actual game.

Saw it on reddit. Isaac looks normally lit here so i think the brightness is not altered much. I also noticed these problems in some streams i watched, first i thought it was video compression artifacts but its VRS.

1 Like

LOL Square does not know what optimization is.

1 Like

Alex from Digital Foundry. After the review on Forspoken, he deserved this.

6 Likes