Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

4 Likes

Digital Foundry being all heel for anti-Xbox this year.

3 Likes

First this game shadow droppedā€¦ And now is being praised by DF

This game has extraordinary success

2 Likes

Itā€™s the narrative destroyer.

3 Likes
2 Likes

New patch.

Nothing about the foliage bug on XSX though. Unless they file that under smaller fixes.

4 Likes

I wish theyā€™d add an option to play at 40fps like I can on Cyberpunk on PC. Itā€™s a great way to get a great picture while still feeling smooth. The RT is too taxing on even higher end rigs, so a 40fps would help this.

1 Like

Oh man, that would be perfect! But isnā€™t the raytracing mode already at 30fps and struggling at times on X?

Oh sorry, I meant on PC. In Cyberpunk you can limit your frame rate to a third, so set it to 120, cut it to a third and it runs at a 40fps cap. Iā€™m sure you can force it in Witcher 3, but it would be nice to have the option in game.

1 Like

I know some of you were worried over this, so glad this was addressed. :wink:

12 Likes

Take notes, devs.

7 Likes

DF Retro EX - GoldenEye 007 - New Xbox Series X/S and Switch Versions Tested vs N64

5 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Kind of sucks that they couldnā€™t fix their VRS solution and had to remove it, good to see that the game isnā€™t suffering from any bad performance issues. Even if Iā€™m never going to play it.

1 Like

They removed it for Xbox too?

Yes, across all console verisons.

1 Like

That is not good news, is it? Didnā€™t people have it super smooth with VRR?

On the PC side it seems like VRS was providing maybe a 5% performance uplift, but I havenā€™t followed closely to know if thatā€™s overall or situational.