Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

As was mentioned earlier, it all comes down to how much time or effort the developers have been given to work on certain platforms.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to assume you havenā€™t been paying any attention at all outside of this one game and not trolling, rightā€¦right?

Yup, there are countless factors that can come into play with these games. DMC5 ran better on the PS5 in some modes when the Xbox tools were far less mature but RE8 ran better on the Series X when running on the same engine. It gets muddier when itā€™s a port from another lead platform as games programmed for one dev environment may translate better on some platforms than others and it depends on how much time or effort (usually these two are related) is put towards optimizing said code for this different environment.

People shouldnā€™t be worrying or worse, jumping to insane conclusions over the few times here and there the PS5 has a slight edge.

Iā€™m still convinced the clock speeds is the biggest factor here. Especially when we look at the gap in performance between the Series S version and the higher end platforms. The Series S has neither high clocks or a lot of cores to compensate to those lower clocks.

3 Likes

i have to start FF13-3, some way Forspokens broken lighting reminds me of this gameā€¦

3 Likes

I actually think FF13 holds up really well for a 360 game lol

1 Like

I donā€™t know about you but Hi-Fi Rush graphic is damn gorgeous.

5 Likes

Love the super stylized look!

5 Likes

The game even looks amazingly sharp on streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube. The stylized cartoon look is amazing.

I want these mofos to repair my Samsung QD-OLED asap, so I can see these beautiful colors on that screen. This small ass Benq monitor ainā€™t doing it justice. :expressionless:

Playing it on my TV and yes, definitely got to see it for yourself.

2 Likes

FF13 does absolutely. It has gorgeous style and colors and Square Enix artists and designers did a lot with a rather small number of polygons. Its looks really impressive on everything >= One X or PC.

Only chapter 11 is a bit bland sometimes.

I mean more FF-13 Lightning Returns where the budget was rather low and it shows. And it also has weird inconsistent lighting of buildings. And donā€™t remember if there was a day night cycle in this one, as i said i have to replay it.

4 Likes

DeadSpace Remake seems comparable across the console editions, yet DF JL responded with this when asked about performance, implying it looks better on Series X.

3 Likes

I suppose it would be the difference between VRS 2.0 and 1.0? Since itā€™s improved quite a bit since it was announced.

1 Like

PS5 would be a software based implementation, they dont support Hardware VRS, even 1.0.

1 Like

In todays day and age where proper HDR is quite important I would sayā€¦

Sounds like a winner.

6 Likes

Not to go too into console war talk but this week has been Xbox winning.

Awesome!

VRR the game changer.

6 Likes

I got Dead Space on PC so I can have RT and 60fps and I really hope this displays correctly in HDR for me. Thatā€™s one of my only lingering issues with gaming on PC, the HDR output is so inconsistent. I couldnā€™t get it to look correctly in RE2 Remake for example and thatā€™s one game that really benefits from HDR.

1 Like

I had that for the RE2 Remake demo on XSX too with the C9 OLED. Lots of areas that should be pitch black, but were grey.

Funny how one doom and gloom not too long ago and then this game came out with X being played the most and I believe recommended, and yet, this is one game you really want to show off everyone. No cross gen will help you here.

Yeah thatā€™s one of the oddities with RE2, it has a very aggressive dynamic tone mapping that changes based on the room.

Unfortunately my issue was worse where it the entire screen was severely washed out as if the HDR isnā€™t being sent correctly to my display. HDR is kind of a crapshoot for me on PC, so Iā€™m really hoping for the best here.

1 Like