Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Only a demo and apparently Nioh 2 had a significant visual upgrade from demo to release.

In both graphics modes it’s 1440p which hopefully improves, should absolutely be doable I would think.

3 Likes

I wish they used something like UE5 or something. Because visually it looks kinda past genish in comparison to a lot of chinese games for example.

1 Like

Oh man, imagine that. It could have looked as clean and crisp as Wukong, or at least a lot better than this.

But we’ll see. Saw some people say the demo of Nioh 2 visually wasn’t too great either and final game was a significant improvement. Hopefully that’s the case here too. Graphics don’t make a game, but they sure do contribute to overall experience.

Wanted to note that Nvidia RTX 40x0 product line has some nice technology but oh my word the pricing is obscene. Price of entry is $900 reaching $1600.

One feature is using ML/AI workflows to interpolate frame rates to double them.

Look for the product briefs out there if general tech interests you.

2 Likes

Frame interpolation is meh to me… it seems the game that running at “90fps”… Had the response time of a game running at 60fps?

2 Likes

I’m not sold on it for games, yet either. It’s something I would need to experience first hand to properly judge my subjective take. Not sure on the entire perception of higher FPS but with lower FPS handling.

Its entirely different matter for movies or passive media, so we cant really use that as a basis.

3 Likes

The product line is offering twice the performance at the same price of there respective 3000 series cards

Why this pricing seems obscene to you?

Because I’m old and come from a time where $400 meant top tier video card. The pricing of video cards have been obscene for years now, ever since the 20x0 product line. Just because its the same price as before doesn’t mean its not horrible.

4 Likes

DF did it again.

1 Like

Nvidia really needs strong competition.

2 Likes

RDNA3 details on November 3rd. I don’t have great expectations. Maybe they increase AMD RT performance to match the now old 30x0 products. :man_shrugging: Would love to be proven wrong and actually impressed.

3 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes

The substantial change came with the launch of RTX series

And from there, price increased is more affected by inflation

Keeping inflation aside, the price increases is clearly because of the innovation around dlss, rt and ai

These prices are definitely high compare to general shader performance increase. But ai features justifies it

Also, amd is really not giving them a good competition out there

Ada Lovelace Architecture info:

Some RTX-Remix info:

2 Likes

They won’t come close to them until they have proper hardware acceleration for super resolution and better separate RT cores from TMUs

Yeah. There just seems to be too much of a lead, which is why I’m tempering my expectations on RDNA3. What they offer with RDNA4 will probably be the basis for next-gen consoles in 2027-ish.

2 Likes

Na… Next gen console will be completely different from RDNA. It will be like a evalution from Radeon to RDNA to something new

RDNA 4 will be out there in next two years

And next gen consoles are atleast 4 years away

1 Like
2 Likes

Stunning! :exploding_head:

But…

:joy:

Hopefully that’s the pace they go so we get something more than my conservative estimates. Next-gen consoles being on newer technology is better for all of us. Depending on how soon they want to get a jump on manufacturing, they may have a product with a hybrid approach like PS5 leans on RDNA 1 for some aspects.

I see I was way too conservative after I layed out the timeline assuming they hit a 2 year cadence, They should be on RDNA5 at the least, or whatever the new marketing term is for the architecture, if they pick 2027 and possibly the one-after if they roll 2028.

• RDNA 2 ~ Summer 2020 Console Availability
  • RDNA 2 ~ Winter 2020 GPU Availability
  • RDNA 3 ~ Winter 2022 GPU Availability
  • RDNA 4 ~ Winter 2024 GPU Availability
  • RDNA 5 ~ Winter 2026 GPU Availability
  • RDNA 6 ~ Winder 2028 GPU Availability