Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Yeah, it’s very unfortunate.

I wish devs would just put a HDR on/off option in their games so that I don’t always have to switch it off system level.

Also, if every game would just be Dolby Vision we’d be done.

Assuming you don’t have a gimped Display that refuses to support the Dolby Vision standard.

1 Like

True!

The Sammy S95B for one.

Haven’t watched yet, but I do wonder if AutoHDR expanding beyond BC games would help make HDR better overall?

1 Like

I’d be a huge supporter of that idea. I can’t count the many BC games that looked awesome with auto HDR.

1 Like

“Assassin’s Creed Origins renders at a virtually constant 2160p/60fps on Xbox Series X. On PS5, however, you have to settle for 1620p/60fps due to running backwards compatibility with the PS4 Pro version. Videos to come.”

“And Series S, 1080p/60fps.”

4 Likes

So there is no native PS5 patch for now.

Nope and I don’t think that’s a priority for ubisoft, right now.

1 Like

Probably. I mean this game is not on PS+ either? Only Valhalla is there?

Yes, Valhalla is the one available on PS plus service.

Full game or just a Demo?

It’s part of Ubisoft Classics or whatever

1 Like

I think it’s the full game.

Resident Evil 4 | Original VS Remake | Graphics Comparison Trailer & More Details!

5 Likes

This is one of my favorite horror games of all time, easily top three Mikami titles, and probably my favorite Resident Evil (been playing since the first released on PSOne). To say I’m excited would be an understatement, and it’s clear that the new team has lovingly recreated the original visually. My only real concern is whether or not some of the goofiness will be reduced for the sake of a more serious tone. That said, it’s certainly gorgeous.

Also… I’m not sure about the new voice for Luis, it certainly doesn’t sound like Rino.

3 Likes

To clarify, there is no native patch for either platform. The update used the cross-gen tools, so it basically lifts the frame rate lock to 60fps on last gen versions. It’s now a gen9aware game on Xbox for example.

7 Likes

Assassin’s Creed Origins | PS5 vs Xbox Series S/X | Nextgen 60fps Patch Comparison

3 Likes

Im in the same boat. RE4 is one of a small group of games I have played through multiple times (Im not big on replaying things very often). Im completely fine with them toning down the goofiness, my bigger concern is it getting the RE3 Remake treatment and having entire areas removed. Im fine with them adjusting and changing things, but I just don’t want too much cut.

3 Likes

It does not make use of the system HDR settings and there are no settings in the game either. But it’s actually a really well done HDR by itself.

If only this was the case with every game.

I would wait for Digital Foundry.

Gaming Tech is often wrong, one of the reasons I don’t watch him anymore.

He was one of the guys saying Spiderman was reaching over 100FPS because ‘his tv was saying it in the corner’ when it was actually low frame rate compensation (LFC) causing the TV to count incorrectly.

2 Likes