Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

I’m a console only gamer and have experience crashes, freezes, shutdowns and all sorts of bugs in many games for years, so I don’t understand if they just have never experienced anything like it ever and it being the first time to happened put them off Halo? or did the game freeze and just never once was able to start at all? because understandable. Or did the freeze corrupt their PC or something? Because that seems like a very small problem from my perspective.

2 Likes

Nothing severe, just needed to hard reset the PC. Just that the impression of it happening on the very first time just didn’t help the case. I still play halo, but alone nowadays

Nah, most of the issues are in Campaign only. And it’s not really about being unoptimized either. Bugs with things such as their VSync implementation.

Can we please stop pretending that these issues are exclusive to 343, or that they’re specifically not trying? I’ve put in hundreds of hours in other GaaS titles that have been receiving updates since COVID hit, and every single one is buggier/has more issues than pre-COVID; Destiny 2 being a prime example. We can discuss and analyze without the toxic hyperbole we see elsewhere.

10 Likes

Exactly, it’s like some people forgot the state of PUBG when was release on consoles and the studio fixed the technical problems overtime, the same goes to other games. I think some people just want to criticized 343 for the sake of criticized.

5 Likes

Apparently some of us can’t discuss with being that way.

Im a PC player (20 years) turned console / PC recently. Crashes/disconnects are par for the course in the PC multiplayer space.

Not excusing it, but it have to be constant or consistent crashes to turn me off.

2 Likes

I probably should have worded it better, my bad. Just a little disappointed with the performance of halo infinite on my PC that’s all. It’s a really good game and I enjoy playing it

1 Like

I totally get it, and it could definitely be better for sure - my only point was that it’s not a 343-exclusive problem, and we can address those problems without making it seem so.

As I’ve always said, criticism is fine and welcome here, I just know the vast majority of you are better than the type of people we see on Twitter and other places :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, definitely hoping 343 improves their VRS tier 2 implementation or gives the option to turn it off, as well as get the facial animations animating at the proper framerate, and fix the VRR.

On PC, I have zero issues and continue to have zero issues, and I play every day. The only thing I’m noticing is games are suddenly taking 2 minutes to find a server, which is annoying.

I do hope 343 allow me to turn off VRS though. Visually, it’s not doing it job good enough compared to what it should be doing, and it’s degrading the image quality in ways it shouldn’t be. At times, certain things which should be pristine and in focus look almost quarter resolution. Tier 2 VRS should be pretty damn hard to stop when implemented correctly.

I am sad that 343 seem to have a hard time with these things. A lot of the technical issues, or musings, are baffling to me, and none more so than the time they take to correct.

4 Likes

Never had any issues with Halo myself. I think DF are making far too bigger deal out it

1 Like

It may be an older game, but if you happen to still have to play it or go for another playthrough having the correct settings for HDR goes a long way. I always appreciate this dude’s videos, because he randomly picks older games too.

1 Like

What are you two on about? 343i has fixed most of the issues that has been risen before and this video was largely positive as a result. Pointing out ongoing issues isn’t even a negative, these issues are more likely to be addressed if pointed out. If 343i can fix the VRR, facial animations, VRS, and frame time issues, they would have a really solid build to then start pushing with more new gen features.

Edit: to add to this, I have faith in 343i fixing these issues and it’s exciting to see how the engine evolves this gen as it starts becoming the focus.

7 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Never had any issue with the game on its launch and I feel DF are making far too big of a deal. The game was amazing to play the framerate more than solid, the sound was utterly brilliant. I don’t know why a modern game needs FMV, when all the other cut scenes in the game were real-time, it would stick out all the more and had no issues with the cut scenes at all. T

What I much rather see 343 fix is the fact that you want to play through the game again, you lose your save and the how you can’t reply missions. That was the only issue I had with the launch myself

I agree, I also love RE 7 HDR slider too and how good that game looked in HDR

1 Like

So because you don’t care or don’t see the flaws, they should never be brought up or discussed?

DF is a tech/visual site, so of course they’ll cover the graphical front over how mission progression is tracked and managed. Pointing out ongoing issues isn’t making a big deal about anything. You’re letting your view of the team warp reality of how things are covered. You’re basically complaining about them doing their job just to complain.

1 Like

I was wondering if Dolby Vision was fixed now that they corrected the gamma. Just haven’t been home to check. Good to see they corrected this as well!