Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

The Series S is a stupendous value. Tell me how else you can play a game like ACV for £250. The switch costs the same and at what resolution and quality are games going to run on that? I enjoy playing games on it and frankly for 95% of gamers it’s the best and most viable option. Lots of people can’t afford more - and the S absolutely makes quality games look very very nice. I’m surprised at how well ACV runs on it. It’s very nice and as DF have said repeatedly the resolution now is completely misleading because it has heavy TAA and is reconstructed. It looks great for a 60FPS game on a £250 machine. I mean great. It may not be for you but so what, what about the huge market of gamers who literally just want to play the latest games and don’t even know anything about the technical aspects or care?

The Series X is playing this game as well as any other console. And frankly expecting native 4K 60 is unrealistic especially when you look at how the game performs on PC. And it’s very early days in a pandemic.

3 Likes

lol comparing the Series S to old hardware that could only run the games made for it. Game Pass alone guarantees it will be a success.

There’s nothing at all embarrassing for either Series S or X here. Ubisoft games are horribly optimised and yet both are able to run at 60fps solidly.

The most embarrassing thing about this topic is the doom/FUD posting, such as your own.

3 Likes

Imagine judging an entire console generation with two SKUs on one game. I would think that is the more embarrassing thing

8 Likes

Im surprised mods have continued to let you post when all you do is post nonsense hyperbole. One thing is having legit criticism and the rest is what you been doing for the past week.

4 Likes

I think responding to this user is pointless, I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt and thought OK he/she is disappointed by the performance of the SX on some games/modes (which I think is totally fair and we probably all feel that too to a degree) but when someone has 100 posts and the 99 are how shitty is the Series X and the Series S while also trying to derail the thread and steer shit up with BS (like the fate of the Series S) then I am starting to think that this is a troll account. Too bad because Lucio Fulci was a great director and Zombi 2 is one of the best zombie movies ever, well at least his/her nickname was cool.

2 Likes

Wii U wishes it could run the game Series S does. Series S is literally running every game out, offering 60 and 120fps modes and is a great cost effective entry into next gen.

Why is there this fake outrage here about it?

I really don’t understand the problem here. Series X performs the best. Series S has flawless gameplay but a few dips through cutscenes. Theres also a native 4k mode on series x and 1440p on series s. It does exactly what was advertised. Expecting the same performance as the 500$ consoles is bullshit of course. But 720p as a base with todays AA solutions and 60 fps is amazing really. You also have the other next gen benefits like short loadtimes. Its really cool what they are already doing with these early launch games. If someone is disappointed with this performance then no next gen console will fit their bill and they probably should switch to pc.

I also want to add that I am not really surprised by these performance results. In fact I am actually happy that we got almost 99% of 60fps Games. This is the new standard and that is great. Native 4k is also nice but games like Gears 5 show, that this is not necessary all the time and I personally prefer 60fps over higher resolutions.

I think Ubisoft did a good job with this quick fix and performance is great on all machines now.

The biggest haters of the Series S seem to be Series X owners. It’s weird to see console wars between the same platform. Surpised pikachu meme comes to mind with all these people shocked that Series S is the weaker of the next gen consoles.

2 Likes

…if only. >.>

If you are too impatient to wait for dev tools to mature before deciding the entire platform is worthless, by all means sell it and buy a PS5. Your rants are verging on straight trolling at this point imo.

3 Likes

He doesnt care man. He is a troll in here and Ill call it like it is.

2 Likes

Yep hes been spewing negative shit about Xbox for months now

1 Like

We’re going to start seeing more “controversies” with last gen games yet to be released such as Nier Replicant and Dragon Quest 11. The “One S” backward compatibility on Series S will cause more “controversies” when we get those games with higher resolution and framerates on Xbox One X compared to Series S. Everyone here knows why that’s the case but we’ll still be seeing the same “One X is more powerful than Series S” arguments for a while.

2 Likes

Yep those people just want to spread negativity about Xbox

1 Like

People will change their narrative to which ever they feel supports their current argument.

PS5 needs to drop its resolution too to eliminate tearing and small FPS drops.

Seeing the fake Xbox fanboys tweet, pretending to be John Linneman made me feel ashamed to prefer the xbox platform.

I have both consoles and I want them both to offer amazing games, which they are. It is frustrating to see such arguments being made over the smallest resolution or FPS and I do agree with you, that all the talk of resolution seems tobe out of the window now that it is slightly higher on the other platform. We all know it will just flip flop back and forth and fanboys on any platform are a strange poison.

Its embarrassing to see a grown man fake a tweet from someone to try and make Xbox look better! :confused: I only bring this up as he quoted a DF employee!

1 Like

[(9) AMD Radeon 6800 XT/6800 vs Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080/3070 Review - Which Should You Buy? - YouTube] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QR9bj951UM)

At the 18:36 mark, Richard talks about Amds supersampling tech and how it is not the same as ai upscaling ala DLSS (i.e. supersampling done using ai accelerating hardware).

Xbox on the other hand is actively working on ai upscaling using hardware as shown in the video too. If Xbox manages to get this feature out quickly, it will be a massive performance boost especially for Series S, if it is anywhere as good as DLSS it could deliver better results than native rendering at way lower performance costs.

I don’t think PS supports int4 and int8 extension to implement this type of ai upscaling, it could be the big thing that separates Xbox and PS this gen.

3 Likes

I’d like to see how the XSS stacks up against the PS5 with ML.

1 Like

Cyberpunk analysis by digital foundry will be their most viewed video. That’s my prediction.

3 Likes

If the Series S natively renders at 720p or 1080p and outputs to 1080p or 1440p upscaled depending on the game, things could get very interesting. I reckon they’d get pretty close to the ps5. But the ai hardware is definitely less powerful than in the RTX series cards. So, it remains to be seen how well Microsoft’s implementation will work with lesser horse power.

1 Like

Xbox could wipe off all the negative press with a very good performance in cyberpunk. Performance in this game will be a big talking point for sure, hopefully at the very least Series X is level with the ps5.

Keep in mind the next-gen updates won’t be available at launch. Xbox Series X might come out at top if it’s running the Xbox One X version compared to the PS5 running the PS4 Pro version. When the next-gen updates come out, that’s when things will get interesting.

2 Likes