Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Why not just turn off the TV itself so if you are away for a long period of time, you don’t have to worry about it.

I wouldn’t worry that much about it.

1 Like

I would probably end up doing that since I can’t trust myself. :sweat_smile:

Hahaha.

You could always go into the settings and set the TV to turn off after 20 minutes of inactivity, you can even add Xbox’ own idle option to get the screen to dim on 10 minute mark of inactivity to help with that

1 Like

This is true. I’ve also read that there’s a feature that auto-dims things like logos and such. Not to derail this thread into a TV buying guide, but has anyone with the LG CX tried the auto-dimming feature?

So, I watched that COD feature video that DF produced. Alex talks a lot about the RT shadows, that look insane. But there’s one scene set in a town after rain has fallen, and there are puddles everywhere. An NPC is seen firing his gun and you can see the muzzle flash and smoke in the puddle. So does the game have RT reflections as well?

If it reflects things on screen its most likely screen space reflections. If it reflects static things off screen it could be cubemaps. If it reflects dynamic things off screen it could be raytracing.

The Call of Duty devs confirmed raytracing for their shadows on console. Reflections are normal/old techniques.

2 Likes

Is Alex’s RT COD breakdown also sponsored by sony? Because Alex only includes playstation consoles. Sony has marketing with COD so maybe only including PS consoles was part of the deal.

1 Like

Most likely which is why it says Sponsoted at the start.

Can we start deleting posts accusing DF of sponsorship from MS or Sony? If you don’t like their results go complain to your console maker of choice.

3 Likes

No. It is most likely because Activision sponsored the video as a marketing promotion and by extension, because Sony has paid for marketing exclusivity for COD, DF can only show the PlayStation version.

Normally when Sony has marketing exclusivity for a game they are very aggressive with it.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/1331680217887367168

Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.

• This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5.
  • Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.
  • Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.
  • Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:
  • Xbox Series X / PlayStation 5: Performance
  • Xbox Series S: Quality
  • (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing

I mean, look at the amount of fixed being addressed across all consoles. Early days of a new generation are always like this.

6 Likes

Looks like a good patch. I’ll probably check out the IQ 30fps mode. I like high frame rates and can tell a difference but if the IQ is a ton better I’ll choose that mode.

So 60fps mode on XSS is coming tomorrow. Nice.

3 Likes

Brilliant. I’ll be choosing quality personally, as I don’t mind 30FPS on games like this. I only care about 60fps I’m driving and shooting games tbh.

checks patch notes for quick resume Fuck!

I do love that they’re improving the tearing. I don’t see it because my TV has VRR, but others have complained about it. Also, unless I’m reading that wrong, the Series S is getting a 60fps update. My kids will love that.

great

tenor (1)

Great news, hope DF will check that out

1 Like

Yeah… It says sponsored by Activision… Not playstation…

2 Likes