Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

If I spend 2 grand on a 77", i’ll forever regret not throwing the extra grand in for the 85".

A 77" LG OLED retails for roughly $3,500. I would imaging an 85" would cost well into the $6-10,000 range, if they even make one. So, I think you’ll be waiting a while. :smile:

That’s doable.

1 Like

Tweet removed it seems. They are still tryna figure out wtf is going on with RT on XSS. They can DL and ‘install’ he pack for it, but it has no way to enable it in the menus so it is not showing in-game. It is not clear if there’s a bug keeping it from being an option in the menu, or if it isn’t supposed to work at all on XSS and the bug is letting them DL it when they shouldn’t be. They are tryna get more intel on it asap.

EDIT: Sounds like there is no RT on XSS. for whatever dumb reason you can download the RT pack even while on an XSS but it’s actually the XSX RT pack you are downloading there. That’s why it installs but doesn’t show up in a menu on XSS. :confused:

PS5 perf looks like a bug potentially. The drops seem random.

By this time tomorrow, Series S will be running CoD at 8K. :grinning:

Holy cow, hahaha. I would love a TV that size but it probably is too big for my room. On the other hand years ago I had a projector and the screen was like 90 inch. But I went back to TV and 65 inch was the least I had to go for and what my wallet allows me, lol.

I really considered a projector too, but you just can’t beat the quality you get with an OLED.

1 Like

I really want to take the plunge on an OLED (still might), but I’m worried about burn in. I might just wait to see how Samsung’s mini-LED tvs that are rumored to be released early next year stack up picture wise. But I’m also not sure I can wait that long. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, me too. But from what I heard, its not much of an issue anymore.

Funny RT is a separate download. Kinda implies that the rt acceleration structures are build offline (which I guess it makes sense. Been a while since I played cod but I imagine it’s still very static/scripted).

And if they set it to download on SS then either they haven’t spend much time in that version at all to even provide a specific manifest for it, or they intend to use RT on it in the future.

1 Like

Or it was a bug in the store and it was never intended to be downloadable for that version.

Could be, though the backend for smart delivery is used for a few years now (not just for games the entire Ms store uses it) and from the myriad of problems it has I think downloading the wrong package never has been reported.

I’d imagine Activision is the one responsible for tagging content like this on that backend. They are doing their own approach to ‘smart delivery’ iirc. Maybe they plan to pach RT into XSS version later (remember, this post-launch RT patch stuff isn’t unheard of in other titles), but they wanted to get the pre-computed stuff in place early for anyone wanting to DL it?

Oh right. I forgot the game doesn’t use smart delivery. Yeah could definitely be something on Act’s end though I hope they eventually patch it back in

1 Like

But didn’t the system worked as intended? Remember DF didn’t have the rt pack installed from the start. They had to manually add that, ehich of course is an option since the sku’s are the same between x/s. So as I see it, everything worked as intended.

I think they thought they didn’t have the pack, but turned out they did. So they reinstalled everything thinking it was a but but the SS version just never enables the RT option

On XSS it should not even be downloading elements that can’t be used on the machine unless the user specifically OK’s it (like if they wanted to DL it to cold storage and transfer to XSX later).

Burn in doesnt matter if you use tv normally and play different games.

Its not like you are gonna leave the xbox turned on all the time with the tv on.

I do though. I tend to leave “for a few minutes” to take care of something and those few minutes turn into an hour. I also use my main tv for PC gaming as well. I know I could mitigate these risks by just being careful, but I’d rather not have to worry about it all the time.

Part of my worry stems back to when I had a big rear projection TV for the OG Xbox. I played so much Halo 2 that I burned the HUD into the screen. I told myself I would never buy another TV that could do that. But, the heart wants what the heart wants. :smile: