Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

I assume we can do exactly that, still, right? Play the One X version? Hope they won’t delist it.

2 Likes

They can’t if they still want people to buy them last gen version. PC, well I’m not sure but they better hope not.

Exactly what i’m doing. Performs pretty good on Series X and i like the colors better.

2 Likes

Latest RTings Burn-In Tests:

We’re running 100 TV models for an average of 18 hours a day to simulate 10 years of usage in just two years. We’re testing the reliability of TVs by running them to the limit.

At this point, we’re four months into our 2-year test, clocking in about a year’s worth of usage. In this video, we’ll go over the results we’ve gotten so far, including the burn-in on our QD-OLEDs, differences between LG and Sony OLEDs, and failures on four TVs, including some high-end models. —

Initial project starting page at How Long Should A TV Last? Our 100 TV Accelerated Longevity And Burn-In Test - RTINGS.com with the latest updates available at:

4 Likes

Oh boy, I’m seeing QD-OLED mentioned there. While I haven’t had any burn in with the previous one, I did already had one dying on me within a year. We’ll see how it goes, but if I get serieus issues with this set as well I’m just gonna go back to LG. All around a brand I trust so much more.

2 Likes

Finally a proud moment for all Xbox fans.

5 Likes

A reminder that next gen hasn’t really started yet :fire:

1 Like

The character model is looking so good! I do wonder how much of that will be achieved on Xbox and how much of it will be PC only.

3 Likes

These are still just tech demos running on incredibly powerful pcs. We don’t know what the actual game will look like yet.

4 Likes

All the more reason why I keep advocating for MS to not only be more transparent with their trailers but to also use footage running on console hardware. Considering how good the first game looked, I have no doubt the sequel will look great. Question is just how good will it look?

5 Likes

Cool. Wonder how noticeable it is and if worth the performance trade off.

About to watch it, but it looks like LG is listening.

1 Like

Ray Tracing is the most overhyped feature of all time. Until the hardware is there to do full path tracing, its a novelty at best.

8 Likes

Didn’t we get that with Metro Exodus? If so I think that Metro shows the best way to go about it.

RT here seems to make the colours more deep? The foliage and the character. I do prefer the RT side.

Agree, though I’m surprised how bad the lighting looks without RT lol

3 Likes

It is only doing RT Ambient Occlusion and Shadows. Hence why the plants separate better. All it costs is a significant hit to performance.