Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

I get that and agree. Iā€™m giving @Louay to elaborate and prove that it wasnā€™t just a troll comment though. We should be better than drive by hot takes here.

Edit: Quoted the wrong person but it still works lol

Apex Legends on Switch is another example how game design is held back by low spec machines.

Oh.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Excited to see devs go all out in future projects. I canā€™t imagine what games like FH5, Fable, FM, Gears 6, Elder Scrolls 6, etc will look like graphically omg so many haha

Looool, my bad. I totally did not pay attention to the first numbers.

2 Likes

What do you mean with ā€œhold back XSXā€ exactly? Do you mean it will hold back game mechanics and design? Because I simply doubt that

It would be stupid to bound your game mechanics by GPU computations when the CPU is much more efficient (compared to last gen) at handling these non-visual stuff (AI, physics, etc).

This article explains split bandwidth.

Maybe we should discuss it here : PS5 + XSX die shots and discussion

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Interesting that you can trick fps boost to run 4k and 60fps. I really wish DF would emphasize VRR more. They always just mention it on the side if at all. I think VRR is a game changer and should be promoted in every video. Guess they will wait for the ps5 update :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

They do mention it once or twice, but would VRR really help at all in this case?

That being said, seeing these games struggle a little, unless the resolution is 1080p, makes me wonder what we can expect from future titles on this engine. Starfield for example. I guess these cases canā€™t be compared though because for these fps boost games they donā€™t really touch the code, do they? Whereas Starfield and TES VI are fully built for the new hardware.

Fallout 76 will get next gen version idk about the other two though

I think they mention VRR too much tbh. Very few ppl have TVā€™s where itā€™d be relevant. Same for commentary on 120fps modes. Granted, that will change as more new TVā€™s are sold but in the here and now any focus a all on those things seems weird.

DF sure is taking there time before releasing there analysis on Marvel Avengers PS5 VS XSX

Does anyone really care? Iā€™d not rush to do that video. A dead game, nobody is playing.

This thread is where everyone care about technical analysis. Thatā€™s the whole point of this thread.

2 Likes

I would care. Iā€™ve been curious about the game for a while, and if the XSX advantage is true, it would push me more to try it.

With Wandavision, now Falcon and Winter Soldier, with Black Widow in May, Iā€™m starting to get into a Marvel mood.

No it wont as of today which is why I think the FPS boost is a thing.

1 Like

I mean DFs audience. Itā€™s a dead game. They did a sponsored video on it. But can see why they wouldnā€™t rush to do a comparison given the games community is virtually non existent now.

Better they take their time to do a good job than rush it.

Yeah! Thatā€™s what i was trying to imply as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Not only they are an old engine, SX is running them in BC mode (so as a 12tf gcn gpu) there are architecture improvements done in rdna2 that BC games have no access and would improve performance a lot (around 50%) just by running in rdna2 mode.

And thatā€™s not even taking into account new features that even older engines can take advantage of like VRS