Forza Horizon 5 Previews

Yeah his videos are great. I just wish it was the 5th of November already haha

I will be playing next year. As I have a lot of game backlog plus I want to get a new GPU which I have been waiting to get for more than a year now, so hopefully I get lucky and am able to snatch one by year end or next year

1 Like

As I understand it, Horizon 5 is still using the old engine. Motorsports is going to be the first game in the new next gen engine, so I am expecting it to be another level yet again.

Donā€™t really have any interest in the sim side of racing games, but when that engine comes to Horizon 6ā€¦ oh yeahā€¦

Horizon 6 on new engine , next gen only and set in Japan

GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Ahh bummer. RTX 30 series Iā€™m guessing? Good luck with snagging one.

Iā€™ll play between Series X and PC. RTX 2060 is still pulling its weight for now.

People put too much stake in talk like a new engine etc. Letā€™s see what actually materialises. For now I think itā€™s hard on current systems to see an open world game looking better than this. As has been discussed previously the cost of RT reflections or lighting in a driving game are so high that they may not be feasible this gen.

From what I saw, thereā€™s no such thing as old or new engine, forzatech is a constantly evolving engine and horizon 5 seems to be using the latest iteration, though i do believe the the next iteration of motorsport or horizon series will always be better than their predecessors.

I am like 3 generations behind. I have 970. Plus I work in the same industry so need it badly

1 Like

Oh My God Reaction GIF

I wonder what non-Japan country Forza Horizon 6 will be in.

3 Likes

Brazil!

john legend rage GIF

1 Like

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reminded me of this lol

2 Likes

Donā€™t think this oneā€™s been posted here yet, apologies if I missed it, but from Xbox On (the UK official Xbox marketing YouTube channel):

They talk through the performance and quality mode differences and it helps you to spot the differences when they spell them out.

Things they mention include pushed back draw distance and LOD swaps (which we could all see) higher quality reflections, shadows, higher volumetric lighting quality, higher texture quality, higher quality effects like water splashes, dust and some other things. All very subtle, bar the lod swaps which are obvious, but you can see it when they point it out.

4 Likes

Really wish they just slashed resolution instead of visual settings for performance mode.

3 Likes

like Iā€™ve said before, Insomniacā€™s Performance RT like setting should become industry standard .

2 Likes

Canada

1 Like

All fax no printer

1 Like

100% agree. I hope they add a mode later.

1440p, quality mode fidelity with 60fps performance? Perfect.

3 Likes