Forza Horizon 5 Previews

Yeah, no need to worry about the base game leaving due to licensing for 4 years, and if MS doesn’t give it to people who bought the addons, it’ll be on sale for dirt cheap over the years going by the sales for FH4.

2 Likes

Looks amazing

Might be a stupid question, but has the game evolved from a gameplay perspective? The game looks magical, but all this praise makes me think the game must be doing something different gameplay wise.

This is exactly what I am wondering too, the praise is immense and there’s no way it’s all based on the graphics. Because anyone can see it looks superb, so what did all these previewers play that makes them so incredibly enthusiastic?

This seems like an odd thing to me. I see similar sorts of praise for Sony games yet never see people say they must be doing something different gameplay wise. That shows how people go absolutely crazy over graphics. That’s enough for most.

But, We know a lot of the improvements they brought to FH5 from their multitude of weekly Let’s Go episodes and associated blog posts. Improved physics, improved simulations, improved modeling, improved audio.

1 Like

Rand mentions that too in his video

From everything we’ve seen, looks like FH5 finally brought the franchise better audio and better campaign/progression systems (two of the biggest criticisms of recent Forza Horizon games), better open world, better customization options, better QoL (like able to hear engine noises right while swapping parts, etc), more game modes/content, and we haven’t even seen Events Lab properly in action.

5 Likes

Very happy to see the performance mode looking so well implemented.

I’d need to watch the video a lot closer, with some frame-by-frame in part to get a real handle on it, but just watching it at normal playback my initial impressions are:

LOD swap distances are adjusted in performance mode, with the highest quality LOD coming in quite close to the camera in performance mode, which was quite noticeable in a few instances.

Small vegetation is drawn in closer to the camera on performance mode, but still pretty far away. It was only in one scene I even noticed this, where those details were in place quite far away in quality mode and streamed in still pretty far away on performance mode, but closer. Should be unnoticable in game play.

The quality mode uses a higher quality motion blur setting that stretches further down the track. Perhaps even a bit OTT. Combined with the natural crisper image in motion you get from a higher refresh rate, and Performance mode looks a lot crisper.

On the whole, all differences appear extremely subtle and Performance mode looks fantastic, and that was my main concern with the game as I knew I wouldn’t be playing at 30fps.

There are probably loads more differences DF will pick out when it comes to it, but if they are hard to notice, they are hard to care about.

EDIT:

Noticed another difference, on parts where the track is throwing up dust, the volumetric are dialled down in Performance mode, with a bit more dust thrown up in the same areas in Quality mode, and there appearing to be a bit more complexity in the depth of the dust thrown up.

3 Likes

The scary thing is that Forza Horizon 5 isn’t even the big leap yet. Obviously FH5 is going to be the best racing game ever made (I mean it’s Forza Horizon, we expect as much) but the big improvements will come with Forza Horizon 6 with a more Series X focus and more next gen refined tools.

4 Likes

The leap doesn’t seem so big because FH4 had awesome support over the 3 years. Event Labs, Eliminator, the Festival Playlist and so on are new features compared to the state FH4 launched in.

4 Likes

These are the times where it can get kind of cringy depending on how some of these youtuber, Twitter guys decide to approach it

Like some of them present it like this is some big exclusive thing, they have for us and them alone. And it’s like dude, this is you and hundreds of other people showing us the same thing. Just give your impressions and cut the shit please

1 Like

The series is really pushing it far but I would like them to add a few things

Tbh I think it lacks some of the Test Drive features I would love to see implemented in a next gen only Forza Horizon.

We have home purchasing but would love to explore and decorate the houses interiors. Also more active in game interactions with dedicated animations like lowering the windows etc I don’t like seeing my character stay static in the car apart from turning left and right. More small car related animations making the thing more immersive. Why not photo posing our character with the car aside etc

Let’s bring bikes too why not? To add more spice to the franchise.

1 Like

What I saw on the net lately :rofl:

12 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes
8 Likes

that music

1 Like

When I grow up I want to be a content creator so I can get early access to games :joy:

5 Likes

Wow that DonJoewonSong guy is like the best Forza Horizon player ever his intro wow amazing.

1 Like

That intro from DonJoewonSong is pure butter. Absolute perfection

3 Likes

Best looking game yet? Definitely the most realistic game on a console yet. Absolutely unbelievable what PG do. Stunning. I don’t think in reality there is scope for FH6 to look better than this other than being a title pitched for next gen.